Leaving a car at a NOLA hotel with shuttle to NOLA port

servicejoe

Hi all,

I am looking for a hotel near the port of NOLA were you can leave your car for the week during your cruise.

I have always flown in the day before, however during this trip we are visiting friends in AR after the cruise so driving is our best bet.

Any ideas suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks much.

Quality Inn in Gretna has a cruise package where you park your car there and they shuttle you to the ship. And to stay there one night it only costs about the same as it would cost to just park at the port.

It is right across the river from the dock but it is closer than hotels in Metairie or Kenner. Ask for the cruise package.

Edited by tallyho8

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans airport. They have a cruise and park package. Our package includes 1 night lodging, welcome cocktail for 2, breakfast for 2, parking for up to 10 nights, and transportation to and from the port. When I reserved it the package was $169.

Our son and his wife stayed there for their cruise. They said the hotel was nice. There was a shuttle at 10 and 11:30 to take them to the port. When they cleared customs they called the hotel and were picked up 20 minutes later.

Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Metairie and we LOVED IT!!! We planned to leave at 10 the morning of our sailing but headed down to the lobby at 9:30 just to wait around, my husband forgot his watch in the room and rushed up to get it while he was there the shuttle driver asked if were going to the cruise port and that he'd take us right away since we were the only ones cruising so after my husband came down he'd already had the shuttle waiting at the entrance and we were on our way!! We were hoping to stay there again for our cruise in December on the Dream but I didn't see the option to book the cruise and go package...I wonder if it's cause it's too far ahead? Anyways we went ahead a room at the Quality Inn with there cruise package but if I can find it Hoilday Inn we're switching!! LoL. T

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

for those of you who stayed at the Holiday Inn in Metairie, if you wanted to go to the French Quarter, how did you get there? did you take your own car and try to find parking or did you take a taxi, if so how much??

I was looking at this hotel as well, but we are going to want to have a few drinks before bedtime!!

If there is a shuttle taking people to port you can purchase a transference and get a cab back. The cab was around $20/25. For two. So much easier than driving and trying to find a parking space. We loved this hotel. Great value.

• 2 weeks later...

2 years ago we drove in from KY, so were coming in from the east and stayed at the Super 8 with a park and cruise package (it was at least 20 minutes+ from downtown). It was in a rough part of town, but since we were not walking around, and it had good enough looking security (walls, opening/closing gates) I was fine with it. The hotel was older, but clean, and breakfast was better than most Super 8 motels. Very good value.

It's worth looking into.

Edited by kycalgal

• 7 months later...

I checked and couldn't find a Quality Inn in Gretna, La. could you give me a phone number or something that I could contact them with? We are cruising out of New Orleans and looking for a hotel to stay the night before. thanks in advance for any help you can give me. We are looking for hotels with park and cruise packages with transportation to and from the ship.

Gail

• 2 weeks later...

Stay123.com shows Holiday Inn Superdome for $169 including park and cruise. Has anyone used them lately? I read reviews for two years ago that were good but then read some later ones where people said their credit cards were compromised after using them.

There is also a new hotel in Gretna (I think it's a Courtyard) that has park and cruise but we like to go to the quarter and looks like cab fare one-way is around $30.00 for 4 people.

• 2 years later...
I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping to find some advice from anyone who has did a Park and cruise package recently.

Hotels that currently offer a park and cruise package:

(Transportation to and from the port not included):

Prytania Park (Must stay 2 nights, parking during cruise is free).

Holiday Inn Downtown-Superdome (Must book the cruise package rate.)

Wyndham French Quarter (Must book the cruise package rate.)

Sheraton Metarie (Has a "Rest & Jet" rate designed for those flying from New Orleans that could be used for parking.)

Maison St Charles (Must book park and cruise rate).

Holiday Inn Westbank (Transportation not included)

Hyatt Place Convention Center (discounted parking rate is available)

The hotels below offer transportation TO the port in their park / cruise package. However, you are responsible for finding transportation FROM the port back to your car:

Courtyard by Marriott Westbank/Gretna (Park, Go and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only.)

Country Inn and Suites Metarie (Park, Go and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only for up to 4 people.)

Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport (Park and Cruise rate offers parking, and transfer to the port only for up to 2 people.)

Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Center (Transportation to the port included. However, Parking is not free... it is a discounted parking rate while on the cruise.)

I believe the reason why nobody offers a package with transportation both directions has to do with pick up fees charged by the port to anyone offering regular taxi/shuttle service from the port.