haven upsell!

MGH girl

I just did it upsold to a haven aft balcony for $500 pp for the 10/22 Escape sailing! Hope I wont regret it on deck 9. Anyone stayed in haven on this deck before?

Congrats! That's a great price, too! We stayed in 9918 in May. Deck 9 has the largest aft balconies - pics won't do it justice. It's MASSIVE! Although you're right above the back corner of either Cagney's or Moderno, the restaurants shut down by around 10 and are not open for breakfast, so we never had any noise issues. Hardly any passengers end up walking around the stern on Waterfront, so it was very quiet below as well. The only negative of the aft suite is you have a LONG trip to The Haven. But its not any different than if you were going to the Lido deck, so it wasn't a huge deal for us. Enjoy your cruise!

I just did it upsold to a haven aft balcony for $500 pp for the 10/22 Escape sailing! Hope I wont regret it on deck 9. Anyone stayed in haven on this deck before?

Just off the BA in suite 9916. Best suite on the ship in my opinion. Yes, a hike to the Haven but we enjoyed the walk. My wife loved the bathtub with a cup of tea in the afternoon while looking out the back of the ship. The shower also had a full length window to watch the aft of the ship while showering. As many have said the balcony is massive. We spent lots of time out there listening to the sounds of the water while being served by our butler. We didn't hear any noise from the deck below. You will feel vibration when the ship is docking or leaving port. Another big thing we liked is that it was only one flight of stairs down to deck 8 which has a number of bars, shops and entertainment venues.

Good deal - enjoy your cruise!!

Just off the BA in suite 9916.... My wife loved the bathtub with a cup of tea in the afternoon while looking out the back of the ship. The shower also had a full length window to watch the aft of the ship while showering. As many have said the balcony is massive.

On Escape, deck 9 doesn't have the master bathroom near the balcony. There is no view from the tub nor the shower.

Also, while still the largest aft-facing balcony, deck 9 on Escape is smaller/less deep than deck 9 on Breakaway/Getaway.

was the bidding upsell or the phone call upsell??

I am on the last cruise before they go to the bidding process so it was a phone call to the upsell department. I called the prior week and it was $1000pp. Just thought I would try again the Monday before the sailing date and it worked out. $500pp is easier to handle. I am so looking forward to this cruise:)

Edited by MGH girl
typo

HAVE NEVER HAD A CALL OR EMAIL FOR UPSELLING. MAYBE THEY DON'T BOTHER IF YOU CHOSE YOUR CABIN??? I'VE HEARD IF YOU GO HAVEN YOU ARE SPOILED FOREVER!! EVEN IF YOUR CHECKBOOK IS RUINED!!:eek:

This is so true, especially for my dh.

We have sailed regular balcony cabins and Haven on NCL.

I told my dh in August I would like to do a cruise for my 50th next summer (we already have our trips next year planned) and I was prepared for a "we will need to see about finances, etc" and then I was prepared to say I would do an inside.

I planned my asking him perfectly when we were lounging on a chair in the Haven on Breakaway getting served our drinks. He told me we should go to see about getting a FCC but he wanted to only stay in the Haven lol. I didnt let him think about it I said I think they close soon lol although it was the middle of the day. When we were booking with our FCC we were able to book a less expensive Haven cabin not rigjt in the Haven but he said he would rather pay more and be right in it on the Escape.

My dh use to be fine wih insides until we had a balcony. Then he only did balconies (thtat is what we sail on other lines). Once he experienced he Haven a couple of years ago, that is the only way he wants to sail NCL but on other lines he is content with a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the last cruise before they go to the bidding process so it was a phone call to the upsell department. I called the prior week and it was $1000pp. Just thought I would try again the Monday before the sailing date and it worked out. $500pp is easier to handle. I am so looking forward to this cruise:)

Can you please tell me what phone number you called for the upsell department

I told my dh in August I would like to do a cruise for my 50th next summer (we already have our trips next year planned) and I was prepared for a "we will need to see about finances, etc" and then I was prepared to say I would do an inside.

I planned my asking him perfectly when we were lounging on a chair in the Haven on Breakaway getting served our drinks. He told me we should go to see about getting a FCC but he wanted to only stay in the Haven lol. I didnt let him think about it I said I think they close soon lol although it was the middle of the day. When we were booking with our FCC we were able to book a less expensive Haven cabin not rigjt in the Haven but he said he would rather pay more and be right in it on the Escape.

My dh use to be fine wih insides until we had a balcony. Then he only did balconies (thtat is what we sail on other lines). Once he experienced he Haven a couple of years ago, that is the only way he wants to sail NCL but on other lines he is content with a balcony.

Be careful same thing applies to garden villa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the same problem. I don't think we will ever be able to sail on NCL unless it's Haven. I'm glad my DH feels the same way :D

I am on the 14 day Caribbean cruise and was offered an upsell ranging from $1750pp to $3000pp.(and it did not include the UBP,etc.)

I passed..I have an M6 cabin and felt it wasn't worth it!

We have the same problem. I don't think we will ever be able to sail on NCL unless it's Haven. I'm glad my DH feels the same way :D

Ditto! Thank goodness I didn't mention about being happy in an inside (I really just wanted to be on the ship LOL). I got the Haven. Go me! LOL

I am on the 14 day Caribbean cruise and was offered an upsell ranging from $1750pp to $3000pp.(and it did not include the UBP,etc.)

I passed..I have an M6 cabin and felt it wasn't worth it!

What cabins were they offering at those prices, could you break it down by categories?

I have friends on that sailing. They originally up sold to the cabin you got. But have 2 teenage kids. Even though Norwegian guarnateed them that there would be 2 separate beds in the living room area (even noting it on the reservations) They just didn't want to take the chance and upsold to a 2 bedroom. So congratulations on getting that cabin.

The Norwegina upsell people said that the particular cabin 9918 allowed for the additional bed.

Could you PLEASE ask your Cabin Steward about that??? I know many here on CC, including myself would love to know if 2 adults actually are able to sleep in 2 separate beds in the LR Area.

Thank you in advance if you can get that info!!!

I have friends on that sailing. They originally up sold to the cabin you got. But have 2 teenage kids. Even though Norwegian guarnateed them that there would be 2 separate beds in the living room area (even noting it on the reservations) They just didn't want to take the chance and upsold to a 2 bedroom. So congratulations on getting that cabin.

The Norwegina upsell people said that the particular cabin 9918 allowed for the additional bed.

Could you PLEASE ask your Cabin Steward about that??? I know many here on CC, including myself would love to know if 2 adults actually are able to sleep in 2 separate beds in the LR Area.

Thank you in advance if you can get that info!!!

Yet again.....I already answered the question for you and your friend. No, they cannot.

Yet again.....I already answered the question for you and your friend. No, they cannot.

Mike,

I understand what you said. I'm going by what we were told and guaranteed by the cruise line and that they absolutely would have 2 separate beds in the LR for the teens. My friend, mainly because of your nagging posts about it decided to go with the 2 bedroom upsell. Maybe you work for NCL and get some kind of bonus for getting people on CC to pay more for an upsell. Who knows your motivation, other than to be irritating. If you don't like my questions, then don't answer them.

But unless you want to provide me with your personal NCL phone number and position at NCL that makes you the absolute expert on this particular cabin on the Escape, I will continue to ask people of CC (a public social message board), especially if they are staying in that particular cabin to ask on board about this type of situation.

Again, please feel free to message me. y deb y at aol

And, I was on the Escape a couple weeks prior to my friend being made the offer. If I had known ahead of time, I would have spoke with Sean the Hotel Director specifically about this cabin. I've cruised with Sean as the HD multiple times. He gave me VIP status on my Escape Cruise. I'm not a novice with cruising NCL or with this message board. Just want answers on this particular cabin that you claim to be an expert on. I'm not trying to cause problems as you see to want to do.

I've only ever blocked 1 other person on this forum, but you may be my 2nd

Edited by djmess