GSC wheelchairs?

QuickieGlenn

Has anyone seen or has been able to tender to GSC in a wheelchair from the Escape or a similar ship? I know they have beach wheelchairs, but I mean getting off the ship and onto the island without taking a single step?

I was in this position during our NCL Sky itinerary in October - it is not possible to transfer to the tender without taking a few steps and having the stability to transfer between the movement of the ships. However, it turned out to be a moot point as the captain decided it was too rough for anyone to tender. My understanding was that the ship frequently has to bypass GSC.

I was able to easily transfer at RCCL’s Labadee stop. There are a couple of Cabanas on Barefoot Beach that are flush with the sand and they have a beach wheelchair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was in this position during our NCL Sky itinerary in October - it is not possible to transfer to the tender without taking a few steps and having the stability to transfer between the movement of the ships. However, it turned out to be a moot point as the captain decided it was too rough for anyone to tender. My understanding was that the ship frequently has to bypass GSC.

I was able to easily transfer at RCCL’s Labadee stop. There are a couple of Cabanas on Barefoot Beach that are flush with the sand and they have a beach wheelchair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thnaks , that's what I thought

I guess I will be praying for rough weather so we might go to Nassau early

When we got to Cuba, I was only able to get off for a little while because I couldn’t board the steps of the bus or spend too long bouncing along the cobblestone streets on the electric scooter. I found you can enjoy having a nice quiet day onboard while the others are away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums