Very few Princess South Pacific cruises in 2018/2019

Is Princess abandoning the South Pacific region over the 2018/2019 summer season?

The brochure https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/AU_1819_PR_minibrochure_AUD.pdf sows only one South Pacific cruise ex Sydney (not counting the Hawaii cruise) and that's on Majestic in September.

Brisbane gets a couple of PNG cruises and one New Caledonia / Vanuatu cruise, and Melbourne gets two New Caledonia / Vanuatu cruises.

Most of the itineraries are NZ ones.

I'm sure there were more South Pacific itineraries in previous years. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in future years. Maybe Carnival Corp are leaving the South Pacific itineraries to Carnival and P&O. :eek: :mad:

Im wondering if princess prefers the older clientele who dont like south pacific

its too hot for them

I cant go p&o so i have to jump ship and move over to rccl or celebrity or ncl if they stay

Yes Princess have an older clientele.

I guess that's why Carnival Corp have so many lines.

15 Sept Majestic

10 Niv Sea

23 Dec Sun

22 Jan Sun

5 Mar Sun

All look to be Island cruises.

Or am I missing something?

Where did you see the Sun and Sea ones, Gut? They aren't showing on that brochure. The only Sun South Pacific cruise I could see was from Brisbane.

Yes Princess have an older clientele.

I guess that's why Carnival Corp have so many lines.

And the 'oldies' don't like to fly.' The Australian cruise schedules are boring do say the least,, so we have to fork out big time and fly to USA/Europe for a decent itinerary.:loudcry:

Is Princess abandoning the South Pacific region over the 2018/2019 summer season?

Looks like they have all but abandoned Western Australia, this year and next, only one cruise this year round trip from Fremantle and only one next year. When Princess first came to the West for the winter season they offered a choice of cruises, now its one if you are lucky. We have had P&O here this year but tried them in 2015 and not tempted to go with them again. We can only cruise in the Aussie winter as our business is too busy in summer and only have time for 4 weeks max. Note no world cruise from Fremantle next year either.:(

And the 'oldies' don't like to fly.' The Australian cruise schedules are boring do say the least,, so we have to fork out big time and fly to USA/Europe for a decent itinerary.:loudcry:

Or in the case of Mrs Gut aren't allowed to fly.

Ever since the Drs told her that I can't get her on a plane.

Uncle Les

Seems more options here than say the USA.

REGULAR cruises to

NZ

Islands

Qld coat

Tasmania

PNG

Whereas our American friends only have

Caribbean

Mexico

Alaska

Panama

As anywhere near regular

On the fare page.

Ah, found them! They obviously don't consider them as prime itineraries since they didn't have them in the earlier section.

I just checked the Celebrity cruises for that period and they only have one South Pacific cruise, in Oct 2018.

I don't agree that the Australian cruise schedules are boring. They are no more boring than the East Coast US ones.

But I guess it all depends on why you like to cruise. If you cruise to visit new ports then, yes, you need to travel to other cruise regions to get more variety. If, like us, you're happy just being on a cruise ship then South Pacific itineraries are perfect - warm weather, gorgeous islands, pretty beaches, nice restaurants in Noumea for lunch (and I've found where the really good coffee is too). I'd happily do a South Pacific cruise twice a year if I could afford it.

I don't agree that the Australian cruise schedules are boring. They are no more boring than the East Coast US ones.

But I guess it all depends on why you like to cruise. If you cruise to visit new ports then, yes, you need to travel to other cruise regions to get more variety. If, like us, you're happy just being on a cruise ship then South Pacific itineraries are perfect - warm weather, gorgeous islands, pretty beaches, nice restaurants in Noumea for lunch (and I've found where the really good coffee is too). I'd happily do a South Pacific cruise twice a year if I could afford it.

For us it's Tasmania.

But a few more to NZ would be nice.

I totally agree with that, we are enjoying the South Pacific and trying new ships.

Done the longer land/cruise holidays, but are happy to stay closer to home ATM.

I too wish that more cruiselines visited more islands in the South Pacific, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Raiatea,,etc.

Only having 4 weeks a year for now, we are happy to cruise to relax, dine, catch some shows and swim/snorkel, spend time together;p

Our challenge is to find something different to do in each port that we havent done of seen before......we are even looking forward to going back to Luganville, Suva and Noumea and I would not have said that years ago!!

I want a circle Pacific Cruise. Then a 20 day cruise to PNG, Solomon and Southern Pacific Islands. How about a cruise out to Tahitti?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Forums mobile app

Mmmm! The Circle Pacific cruise is definitely on my bucket list, as is the Hawaii cruise which also visits Tahiti. Both those are both expensive cruises so no chance of doing them for a couple of years - we already have our expensive cruises booked for the next two years.

Mmmm! The Circle Pacific cruise is definitely on my bucket list, as is the Hawaii cruise which also visits Tahiti. Both those are both expensive cruises so no chance of doing them for a couple of years - we already have our expensive cruises booked for the next two years.

Much of the Hawaii one is replicated in the CP I think.

There's plenty of choice of NZ itineraries. ;)

Sorry I didn't mean a few more itineraries for NZ, I meant we would like to do a few more cruises to NZ taking advantage of the range of itineraries on offer.

Much of the Hawaii one is replicated in the CP I think.

Probably, but the CP is longer and more expensive. We're more likely to do the Hawaii cruise before a CP or World Cruise, unless I win lotto.

Anyway I have no objection to visiting ports more than once. :D

Probably, but the CP is longer and more expensive. We're more likely to do the Hawaii cruise before a CP or World Cruise, unless I win lotto.

Anyway I have no objection to visiting ports more than once. :D

Same here.

If we can do the Circle Pacific first Hawaii will drop down, but remain on, the list. If we do Hawaii first we'll look at CP next.

In order for us it's

Hawaii

Circle Pacific

World Cruise

But that's flexible and depends time, money and health. Of course in the mean time we will keep doing Australia based cruises, Tasmania, New Zealand, Qld Coast, maybe the islands and possibly another circumnavigation with a different itinerary to last time.