Looking forward to the new late night room service!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:40 AM.
Georgia
9,231 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Originally posted by StolidCruiser
Just another geezer whining about “the good old days”.
Please understand that there are some of us geezers who are adaptable and ready to move forward into the future. We're all not whining about the good old days.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 6/30/2018 ms Nieuw Amsterdam (Alaska) [Roll Call]
“Those who do not know satisfaction, even when living in a heavenly palace, are still not satisfied. Those who do not know satisfaction, even if rich, are poor. People who know satisfaction, even if poor, are rich.” ― Gautama Buddha
East Coast
6,622 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
I don't know why the posted menu doesn't have the prices. The same one John Heald posted did have the prices but was super tiny and almost impossible to read.

Not looking forward to it, but will adjust of course. My kids love ordering room service. Hope they have enough staff to cover the hour or two before the charges start @ 10pm.
Cleveland
381 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by ScottyZkaaayk
I'm excited too! I always enjoyed the sandwich but I'm super-excited to try some of the hot items!
We're just disappointed that they no longer offer cheesecake after 10pm. That's something I would gladly pay for, ha.

The cheesecake is on the new menu, under desserts.
Cleveland
381 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by blarko
The cheesecake is on the new menu, under desserts.

Edit: my mistake, I see it’s still on the daytime menu but not the new late night menu.
H-Town
524 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
I used to think that way about add ons "fee based" items on the cruises but the more I cruise, the more I am able to see some benefits of being offered additional options. I never wanted to pay extra to go to the steakhouse, and really, if you don't want to, you get perfectly good food without paying additional. But if you want to get more experiences, you might try it out. Just like buying a car, the regular items that come with the car, radio, tires, options for electric seats, Windows, etc are included in the car and are perfectly fine, but if you want other options, you pay more and upgrade to those. There are times that my budget does not allow me to buy pictures on the ship, for those cruises, I am happy to use my own camera and phones and take my own. Other times, I will pay for the professionals . I like cruising because you don't have to buy any of the additional items if you don't want to. And I like the option of being able to choose. With any other business, if there is an opportunity to make money on additional options or incentives, a good business will try those options because they add value to the experience of the folks using and also adds increased revenue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
We LUV to Cruise! We LUV to Travel!

Carnival Holiday - May 2002
Carnival Celebration - May 2003
Carnival Triumph - August 2007
Carnival Conquest- August 2008
Carnival Victory - May 2009
Carnival Freedom - June 2011
Carnival Triumph - June 2014
Carnival Triumph - June 2015
Carnival Breeze - June 2016
Carnival Freedom - November 2016 - My sisters 50th birthday
Carnival Freedom - June 2017
Carnival Valor - October 2017 - My birthday cruise
Carnival Valor - November 2017 - Thanksgiving cruise

Upcoming cruises planned:
July 2018 - family cruise
October 2018 - birthday cruise
November 2018 - Thanksgiving cruise
Boynton Beach, FL
219 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
I'm with you! We always order room service after the club closes. Hubby ordered the wings numerous times and they are delicious! The new menu looks great and we can't wait to try it out. Like others stated, I think this may help the wait times in getting the food which is a plus in itself.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming cruises: 1/26/18 Carnival Victory to Nassau (quick weekend getaway for hubby & I)
3/18/18 Carnival Fascination to St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts and St Martin
6/16/18 Carnival Vista (YAY!) to Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao & Aruba (couples cruise!)

11/16/17 Carnival Liberty to Nassua (quick weekend getaway with no kids!)

9/18/17 Carnival Victory to Key West & Cozumel (Hubby's birthday cruise!)

7/8/17 Carnival Glory to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk (No kids!!)

3/19/17 Carnival Splendor to Grand Cayman, Belize, Isla Roatan, Cozumel (Family cruise)

9/12/16 Carnival Sensation to GRND CAYMAN & OCHO RIOS (Hubby's birthday cruise)

1/22/16 Carnival Sensation to NASSAU to celebrate our 10 year Anniversary with no kids!!

7/16/2015 Carnival Victory to KEY WEST & COZUMEL

2/21/2015 Carnival Victory to GRND CAYMAN/FALMOUTH/COZUMEL (40th Birthday Cruise)

11/24/2014 Carnival Victory to EXOTIC EASTERN CARIB

2/28/2014 Carnival Ecstasy to NASSAU

11/1/2013 Carnival Glory to NASSAU

9/20/2012 Carnival Sensation to NASSAU

2/2/2012 Carnival Destiny to KEY WEST & COZUMEL

4/1/2010 Carnival Destiny to KEY WEST & COZUMEL

9/11/2009 Carnival Imagination to NASSAU
Little Rock ,Arkansas
1,548 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by linbobky
we got back yesterday from the fantasy and did not see or know about the new menu! is it on just a few ships or fleet wide.
maybe our room steward didn't leave us one! she was not the best!
Room service menu and you order on the tv You do it this way on The Breeze
Leander TX
1,530 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Like several others, I'd love to see a version that has prices. I did see the one that John Heald posted with prices but I couldn't save it so I couldn't make it big enough for these old eyes to read well!!!

If anyone finds a version with the prices, we'd be grateful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Vista Family Cruise - Jun 15/2019
Carnival Breeze - Sep 17/17 My Review https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2552201
Carnival Magic - Oct 2014 My Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127532
Carnival Paradise - Jul 2012 My Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1674471
Carnival Sensation - Feb 2010
Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2008
Carnival Inspiration - Aug 1998
Big Red Boat - Feb 1996
Carnival Carnivale - Mar 1988
245 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by EarloftheSeas
It appears everything will cost money after 10pm. The prior menu had many of the same pay options, but also allowed the free items 24 hours, not just from 6am-10pm.

If you look at the menus, the late night is a little different. Can you say OMELETTES!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ON DECK: After Holiday Getaway-Inspiration Jan 2018
25th Anniversary Cruise on the DREAM July 2017
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION OCTOBER 2016
CARNIVAL MIRACLE AUGUST 2016
CARNIVAL DREAM APRIL 2016
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION B2B FEB 2016

CARNIVAL DREAM OCT 2015

CARNIVAL IMAGINATION JULY 2015

CARNIVAL MIRACLE JUNE 2015

CARNIVAL INSPIRATION APRIL 2015
CARNIVAL MIRACLE JAN 2015
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION OCT 2014
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION JULY 2014

CARNIVAL IMAGINATION JUNE2014
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION (B2B) APRIL 2014
CARNIVAL VALOR JUNE 2012
CARNIVAL MAGIC MARCH 2012
CARNIVAL VALOR JANUARY 2012
NORWEGIAN SUN OCT 2011
CARNIVAL ELATION JUNE 2001
St. Louis
225 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Wings were good but a liit'e on small side. Enjoyed grilled cheese, veggie bowl, and Caesar salad as well. Hopefully we can still order after 10. Changes after 10pm are vague.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2014 - Carnival Glory - Exotic Eastern Caribbean
2014 - Carnival Elation - Progreso and Cozumel
2016 - Carnival Glory - Journey Cruise
2017 - Carnival Miracle - Mexican Riviera
2017 - Carnival Splendor -Eastern Caribbean

Upcoming Cruise:

November 2018 - Norwegian Star - Panama Canal Transit

Cleveland
381 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by v3cruiser
Wings were good but a liit'e on small side. Enjoyed grilled cheese, veggie bowl, and Caesar salad as well. Hopefully we can still order after 10. Changes after 10pm are vague.

In all of my cruises, I have only ordered from room service on two occasions. It seems to me that the times I did order, it took quite a long time before my order arrived. I wouldn’t order room service during the day, as I don’t spend much time in my room, and there is plenty of food available during the day. I usually stay out and about on the ship until I’m too tired to do anything else, then head back to my room. Once I get back to my room, I’m usually in bed and asleep in a very short time. For this reason, I’m not bothered by the changes at all.