Man Overboard On The Triumph

Tiger0613

Now I see posts saying it is a lady so either way, someone is out there and I pray they find them soon. Very sad.

Twitter said it was a Martian. Just don’t know who to trust on social media these days.

“Prayers”

Why so troubling ? It's a commercial. Do you think this will make people jump ?

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C100PA using Forums mobile app

Make people jump? No. Just know there’ll be more questions about how easy it is to go overboard. The railing was just at all their waists. How tall were they? Or, how tall a box were they standing on?

It was a woman. (on the news a few minutes ago). Very sad. As far as the commercial....Take it off the air!!! To me, if I had never cruised before, I would believe that anyone could fall over the railing (which is not true), but a cruise virgin has no idea. It would scare the hell out of me....just like when reporters say "A woman fell overboard"....No! She didn't fall overboard. It is nearly impossible. It was either stupidity (standing on something, sitting on the railing for a photo op...suicide, foul play...etc..etc.) People don't "fall" overboard. Get rid of the commercial..it is scaring newbies to death.....especially if they have children with them.

It was a 44 year old woman. People just don't fall overboard, they have to be doing something stupid like leaning their entire body over the railing or trying to sit on it or something. The woman who died this past week from the Elation they are not giving out her name or age for a legal reason...appartently, somebody on board heard a man argue with her then this happened, it was reported by two different passengers that they saw this man arrested in hand cuffs....when they got to Freeport he was excorted in handcuffs with police on the islands, this woman must of been pushed or thrown over because they are not saying anymore and the fact the man was taken by the police.

It was a woman. (on the news a few minutes ago). Very sad. As far as the commercial....Take it off the air!!! To me, if I had never cruised before, I would believe that anyone could fall over the railing (which is not true), but a cruise virgin has no idea. It would scare the hell out of me....just like when reporters say "A woman fell overboard"....No! She didn't fall overboard. It is nearly impossible. It was either stupidity (standing on something, sitting on the railing for a photo op...suicide, foul play...etc..etc.) People don't "fall" overboard. Get rid of the commercial..it is scaring newbies to death.....especially if they have children with them.

My wife and I are newbies to cruising, 1st cruise next month, and neither of us are scared to death. Can you please show us where the reports are of newbies being scared to death ? I am not trying to be a smarta$$. I am just saying.

My wife and I are newbies to cruising, 1st cruise next month, and neither of us are scared to death. Can you please show us where the reports are of newbies being scared to death ? I am not trying to be a smarta$$. I am just saying.

I doubt there are actual reports of it, more hearsay that people worry. I get the comment a TON when I tell people that our family's vacation of choice is a cruise that aren't I worried about us/the kids falling overboard. And I was worried about getting a balcony room our first time. Until I realized how they are designed. Most people don't realize that the railings are pretty high and the design makes it very unlikely.

I haven't seen the commercial, but I do think it's a common worry for a lot of people who have never cruised.

Just like all the folks who have never been sailfish fishing that are now going to not do that for fear of being gored.

Or...people understand it is a dumb commercial being played for laughs, and just leave it at that?