Electric toothbrush question....

Woohoo, we are finally down to 2 days til our cruise. My question is, since there is an electrical outlet in the bathroom for the men's electric razor, would I be able to plug my electric toothbrush in that? Has anyone done that?? I remember trying my electric dryer/brush in that outlet on our last cruise and it didn't have the power like the outlet by the desk.

Thanks in advance for the responses. :)

Woohoo, we are finally down to 2 days til our cruise. My question is, since there is an electrical outlet in the bathroom for the men's electric razor, would I be able to plug my electric toothbrush in that? Has anyone done that?? I remember trying my electric dryer/brush in that outlet on our last cruise and it didn't have the power like the outlet by the desk.

No, that didn't work. The plug is weird; it is way up over the mirror and my toothbrush cord isn't that long. Only place to plug it in is in the cabin somewhere else.

The outlet in the bathroom is a low wattage outlet. While it is made for a razor, it can charge any item that does not draw a lot of wattage (I believe those outlets are rated for 75 watts). If your electric brush uses less than 75 watts, then it should charge fine there. If not, then use the outlet located in the room....it is not (for the most part) wattage restricted.

The reason for the low wattage outlet in the bathroom is to circumvent the need for a GFI outlet near water.

Just get a battery powered brush. I have one and I love it. I got one just before my last cruise and have used one ever since.

I second that!! It takes up less space and less hassle than a corded one! Not expensive at all.

If it is a sonicare, it should last for a week. I *think* that sonicares work the same regardless of charge, kind of like a cell phone or laptop. It either works completely or not at all.

I take a regular toothbrush. Don't figure it will kill me to go a week without the electric.

Funny story, one time when I did travel with my sonicare, I gate checked my bag on a regional jet. When we got off, they pulled my bag off to the side and rear of the plane. When they figured out I was the guy looking for the bag, I got questioned because somehow the thing had gotten turned on. I'm not sure they believed the vibrating sound was really a toothbrush, but I swear it was:eek:

I second that!! It takes up less space and less hassle than a corded one! Not expensive at all.

Battery powered toothbrushes (that don't charge on an electric base) are considerably cheaper for a reason: They are not nearly as effective as the likes of Sonicare or other corded toothbrushes. Do your research before you waste your money on cheapies. Might as well brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush.

BTW, we've never had any problems charging our toothbrushes in the bathroom outlet.

As someone mentioned, the charge on Sonicares lasts for a few days. I haven't gone 7 days without charging it, but I've gone 5 days...

Battery powered toothbrushes (that don't charge on an electric base) are considerably cheaper for a reason: They are not nearly as effective as the likes of Sonicare or other corded toothbrushes. Do your research before you waste your money on cheapies. Might as well brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush.

BTW, we've never had any problems charging our toothbrushes in the bathroom outlet.

As someone mentioned, the charge on Sonicares lasts for a few days. I haven't gone 7 days without charging it, but I've gone 5 days...

Not sure about the wattage, but I have an Oral B. The cord is rather long so I think I'll take it and try plugging it in the bathroom. If that doesn't work well I at least have some options. Just hope it doesn't accidentally get turned on in travel!!.. Funny story Razor!

Funny story, one time when I did travel with my sonicare, I gate checked my bag on a regional jet. When we got off, they pulled my bag off to the side and rear of the plane. When they figured out I was the guy looking for the bag, I got questioned because somehow the thing had gotten turned on. I'm not sure they believed the vibrating sound was really a toothbrush, but I swear it was:eek:

That happened to me too. Unfortunately, it was in my carry on and began vibrating at many inopportune moments, with no way to stop it from happening again.

From now on the electric toothbrush stays at home:D

I've never been able to plug anything into that outlet in the ship's bathrooms. I've tried and tried to force the plug in and never manage to make it work. Would love to know the secret!

That happened to me too. Unfortunately, it was in my carry on and began vibrating at many inopportune moments, with no way to stop it from happening again.

From now on the electric toothbrush stays at home:D

Yea likely story., The tooth brush was vibrating!

I also have a Sonicare. I have taken it on several two week trips and have not had to plug it in and normally brush a couple of times a day. I suppose if you brushed your teeth half a dozen times a day you might have to give it a charge. :p

Archived