Two cameras lost in Sydney, Australia between 11/21 & 12/9/17 RCI Ovation Cruise

Norwaylin

I am writing on behalf of a friend. Someone she knows was on this cruise from Singapore to Sydney. This elderly couple had two cameras and they did not have the cameras when they returned to the UK. The lady died the day after they returned home and the cameras contain some of the last photos taken of them as a couple. I am going to get more information, but am asking if anyone has heard if the cameras were found, maybe returned to the ship's purser, etc. Also, the cameras were with them when taking a cab around December 7th or 8th and went to the Sydney Opera House. Does anyone know which cab companies operate near the port that they may have used? I will recommend the family contact Royal Caribbean and the cab company or companies serving the area. If someone took the cameras, maybe they would have removed the memory cards at least so this family can have their grandparents' pictures. I will add new information when I receive it. I am in the US, but my friend is in the UK. It would be wonderful if at least the memory cards are located. I hope the person or persons who found them is honest and helps this family recover the cameras or memory cards.

If anyone has an idea on who to contact, I would appreciate it if you could post it here. THANK YOU.

Just some suggestions:

Post on the Australia & New Zealanders Cruisers Board. This is where locals post so hopefully an Aussie who is familiar with Sydney can assist with names of taxi companies.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=712

Try to find the roll call for the sailing that they were on and post on that. It's a long shot but can't hurt to see if others on the cruise remember them.

It is very kind of you to try to run this down for your friend.

Keith