What is your favorite drink on NCL's ships?

Warm Breezes

I'm not really adventurous with my drinks so in order to force me to try new things I'll usually have one of the "drinks of the day" (minus the souvenir glass). If I'm not fond of it, I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow! I like beer. It helps me unwinds and sometimes it makes me feel mellow.

-Monte

Now, let's see!

Mine: The Floridian martini

DW's: Baily's Banana Colada "BBC" & the Ruby Runner "NCL's Drink of the Year"

If Eka's working: The Little Star Martini

Happy sailing,

Monty

Hi Monty,

? What's in a Floridian martini, and a Little Star Martini. I love trying new martini's.:)

Thanks,

Now, let's see!

Mine: The Floridian martini

DW's: Baily's Banana Colada "BBC" & the Ruby Runner "NCL's Drink of the Year"

If Eka's working: The Little Star Martini

Happy sailing,

Monty

Hi Monty,

? What's in a Floridian martini, and a Little Star Martini. I love trying new martini's.:)

Thanks,

I don't know who made them up, I'm sure it's not just a NCL drink, but I like the Miami Vice. They pour strawberry dacquiri and pina colada 1/2 and 1/2 so you have one side pink and one side white. Very yummy -

Frozen Margaritas from Salsa's on the Dawn! And the pina coladas I made in our cabin with fresh fruit.

YUM

Salsa's makes a mean margarita, love them.

I also like the Blue Hawaii and the Miami Vice, I also like the Kiss on the Lips. Don't remember if I got that one on NCL, a bartender suggested it and it was good.

On the Star we had many Pinaritas, this was after the Margarita tasting. Lots of fun that day :D :D :D :o ;)

I need to try a BBC!

2005, DW and I went on the Sky out of Puerto Rico. They had a drink, and the exact name escapes me- it was a blended drink with chocolate syrup drizzled on the inside of the glass, and a combination of pina colada and cappucino. Maybe they called it a cappucino colada, I don't rightly recall. 2006 we went on the Dream, and saw nothing of it. Golly, I missed it!

What a great thread this has been. All of you have really given me some great ideas of what drinks to try. Can't wait to get on the ship and hit the bar! Any more suggestions?

If anyone knows what the drink with the chocolate syrup is called, let me know. Sounds like something I'd love to try. Will definitely give the BBC and the Miami Vice a try.

Hi Monty,

Thanks,

Hi Bogi,

The Floridian: Stoli Ohranj vodka, Grand Marnier, freshly squeezed OJ and and orange wheel. The orange wheel has been fermenting in vodka

The Little Star, Eka's Special: 2 oz Grey Goose vodka, 1 oz Baileys, splash of white creme de cocoa, splash of creme de almond & a splash of heavy cream. Great dessert martini

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Thanks for all the great responses. The BBC seems to be calling my name:D

It sure does sound good. I'll have to try one next time. You can also check out the bar menus in my webshots. They start on page two of the NCL Majesty Menus, Food & Bar. They list all of the drinks and what's in a lot of them. I believe the Dawn menus had more drinks listed.

Jackie

http://travel.webshots.com/album/551727753OZZOHa?start=12

Hi Judyf,

I hope I have the right one. I believe we sailed together on the NCL Star to the Mex. Riviera last April 2006. How about those margarita's we had high up on the hill overlooking Alcapulco??? They were quite good too!!!!

Hope your upcoming cruise on the Dawn is great; we sailed that ship and really liked it. We are sailing on the Pride of America to Hawaii on April 14 and can hardly wait! ;)

Hope you and your mom are doing well. Take care.:)

Debbie & Joey

NC

How did you make pina coladas in your cabin? Did you have a suite or did you bring a blender with you?

Frozen Margaritas from Salsa's on the Dawn! And the pina coladas I made in our cabin with fresh fruit.

YUM

Archived