Another Happy Ending

carol54

Well, thanks to some very solid, sensible advice from Shoreguy, I am happy to report that our Garden Villa cruise is back on and scheduled to depart on July 14. I worked with my personal cruise consultant and others at NCL and came to a very satisfactory solution for all.

I am so grateful to all of you for your good wishes and advice.

And thank you NCL for making a satisfied customer your number one priority.

Happy Cruising Everyone ~

Carol

Great news!!!!

I bet 100% would vote they are happy for you and your family:)

Naw, there are a couple bashers, that show up occassionally, that seem too hate it when anyone is happy with NCL ;)

Well, thanks to some very solid, sensible advice from Shoreguy, I am happy to report that our Garden Villa cruise is back on and scheduled to depart on July 14. I worked with my personal cruise consultant and others at NCL and came to a very satisfactory solution for all.

I am so grateful to all of you for your good wishes and advice.

And thank you NCL for making a satisfied customer your number one priority.

Happy Cruising Everyone ~

Carol

So did NCL forgive the additional $8,000? I'm sure everyone would like to know how to resolve their price increase like you did. Will you share the details?

Go cecilia! Way to ask the question we all want to hear the answer to! My TA is currently dickering over prices. I'm sure I will get the apples and oranges--- we are begrudgingly replacing the dawn with the spirit. Gone is the multi category upgrade and the on board credit--- plus we will be paying about $300 more, for a lower level guarantee cabin :(

So did NCL forgive the additional $8,000? I'm sure everyone would like to know how to resolve their price increase like you did. Will you share the details?

Now if I were in her shoes I wouldn't. I am one of the people who think Garden Villa passengers should have VIP treatment. IMHO, when NCL figures out how they can best handle all the people who are booked GV isn't part of the average.

Now if I were in her shoes I wouldn't. I am one of the people who think Garden Villa passengers should have VIP treatment. IMHO, when NCL figures out how they can best handle all the people who are booked GV isn't part of the average.

Why Not:confused: Everything else was made public about this, there is even a poll. What is the secret:confused:

• Administrators
What is the secret:confused:

You know, the suspense is killing me as well. I would LOVE to know what is going on here behind the scenes!!! Share please......!

LauraS

Community Manager

There is no big secret here. I had a wonderful personal cruise consultant who worked with me and NCL and was able to get my cruise booked for the original booking price. I forfeit any credits. Taking into account there are 6 adults on the cruise who will all be spending lots of $$$$ onboard, I guess it made sense.

That's about it. We sail on the July 14th cruise which was the next cruise available with a garden villa. July 14 was no more or less expensive than August, September or October in the garden villa.

Thank you all again. You've been great.:D :D :D

There is no big secret here. I had a wonderful personal cruise consultant who worked with me and NCL and was able to get my cruise booked for the original booking price. I forfeit any credits. Taking into account there are 6 adults on the cruise who will all be spending lots of $$$$ onboard, I guess it made sense.

That's about it. We sail on the July 14th cruise which was the next cruise available with a garden villa. July 14 was no more or less expensive than August, September or October in the garden villa.

Thank you all again. You've been great.:D :D :D

Glad it all worked out for you. Just out of curiosity, did any of your party incur additional expenses as a result of the date change? (I.e. airline changes, hotel changes, etc.)?

Carol,

Good for you! I have been following this saga and have been impressed that you have remained so civil when some of the other posters have responded so rudely to you and your question on whether you were being treated fairly by NCL. You deserved an equivalent cruise and you finally got it. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Shoreguy on your side!

Laura

Glad it all worked out for you. Just out of curiosity, did any of your party incur additional expenses as a result of the date change? (I.e. airline changes, hotel changes, etc.)?

We are all New Jersey residents so it's a 40 minute ride to NYC.

Thanks for letting us know that NCL did this for you. We had a Garden Villa on June 2 and are still trying to move to another date.

Don't give up. Remind NCL that you booked the Garden Villa not just to "take a cruise" but to experience the Garden Villa.

Good luck to you.

Thank you Carol for reporting back! I am glad that it was resolved to your satisfaction! Have a great cruise and I hope you write a review. I only toured a GV once and I did a lot of fantasizing!

Coka

I am so glad everything worked out!! I think most everyone on these boards were rooting for you :D:D. And as a fairly new cruiser never having had any problems similar to this, it sure gives me reassurance that NCL does in fact care about their customers and showed true customer service.

Have fun planning (again!!)

Archived