$50 free at sea shore excursion

caddykid12

Terms and Conditions:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Remember, as stated above, that the $50 is per cabin not per person and is only credited to your folio AFTER the shorex has been taken. Also only 1 per port (except Bermuda) if there is an overnight there.

There is a possibility that the $50 MAY be credited to your folio IF you have paid online but, if it is, the $50 will be NON-REFUNDABLE OBC and you will have to spend it

I had a similar thread started about this topic as well but I had already booked excursions and later upgraded to receive this promotion.

Because it seems you have not booked your excursions yet, my suggestion is to call that shoreex 1167 number and book now with them if you want to be sure you have an excursion you want settled as booked rather than wait to get on Board.

They will be able to reassure you that you have what you want booked and how the credit application will work for your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if i call?....

I pay in full?

Then get a 50$ obc?

Is what i gathered

I rather call prior and book excursions so all the good ones are not sold out on board

As this is a 14 day to jamica gsc Orlando grand cayman cozumel costa maya and harvest caye

I domt want OBC i want 50$ off my excursion so if i buy a tour for 2 in jamicia at 49.99 per. I only wanna pay $49.98 total. Not pay in full! Then get 50$ back OBC to then be forced to use it on board

Does anyone know if only one person does an excursion does the entire $50 discount apply to their excursion?

The $50 is per cabin so if only one person in a cabin does a shorex that day there will still be a maximum of $50 credited to the "cabin account' assuming everyone in the cabin is on the account.

I rather call prior

It is by far the best way to do it. Ask to RESERVE places on the shorex. Then you don't pay up front and the cost is only applied to your folio on board. When you have done the shorex the $50 is credited to your account. In what you have posted you will then be left with a balance for that shorex of $49.98. Debit $99.98; Credit $50.00; Balance $49.98

So if i call?....

I pay in full?

Then get a 50$ obc?

Is what i gathered

I rather call prior and book excursions so all the good ones are not sold out on board

As this is a 14 day to jamica gsc Orlando grand cayman cozumel costa maya and harvest caye

I domt want OBC i want 50$ off my excursion so if i buy a tour for 2 in jamicia at 49.99 per. I only wanna pay $49.98 total. Not pay in full! Then get 50$ back OBC to then be forced to use it on board

Give them a jingle, the credits that I am anticipating on board for the excursions I have already booked and paid for will be refundable to me but I am an example of only one scenario due to an upgrade and the new perks that come with.

Make sure you are understanding and comfortable with what you are being told by shore ex It can be a bit confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have already booked and paid for will be refundable to me

My reading/understanding is that if you have booked and paid for shorex then the refunded $50 will be as non-refundable OBC as you didn't carry out the instructions to phone Reservations or book on-board.

See post #3.

I have already booked and paid for will be refundable to me

My reading/understanding is that if you have booked and paid for shorex then the refunded $50 will be as non-refundable OBC as you didn't carry out the instructions to phone Reservations or book on-board.

See post #3.

I have called shoreex three times on this topic based on my circumstances. The 50 dollars will be a refundable credit to me if I don’t use it while on board

I likely will use it however.

I rather call prior

It is by far the best way to do it. Ask to RESERVE places on the shorex. Then you don't pay up front and the cost is only applied to your folio on board. When you have done the shorex the $50 is credited to your account. In what you have posted you will then be left with a balance for that shorex of $49.98. Debit $99.98; Credit $50.00; Balance $49.98

This is a 14 day cruise with 7 ports i do NOT want the bill on my folio and have a balance of 49.98$ per day TIMES 7 days tying up valuable money on my credit card folio.

That's 380$ in nonsense charges on my account onboard that i dont want on such credit card.

I always pre pay excursions. And i don' wamma keep switching cards on board. Thsts just foolish

caddykid12

If you have paid for your 7 shorex prior to boarding then after you have done the shorex at each port you will get a credit on your folio of $50. So you will finish up with $350 credit on your folio.

As in post #3 "Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable". To me that means that it has to be spent on board.

When I called ShoreX today, they assured me that the prior ShoreX that I booked would be refunded to me via a check sent to me in the mail if the credit were unused during the trip.

This seems reasonable as if it didn't, I would just cancel the booked ShoreX and re-book as to have it applied as a credit against the debit of the ShoreX. For those concerned, this may be the best resolution to your apprehension.

Interpretation of the T&C is best assured by calling ShoreX, not by self-interpretation of the T&Cs as they often are not contextualized.

caddykid12

If you have paid for your 7 shorex prior to boarding then after you have done the shorex at each port you will get a credit on your folio of $50. So you will finish up with $350 credit on your folio.

As in post #3 "Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable". To me that means that it has to be spent on board.

So if i buy prior on my debit card as I always do.

I can pay in full prior to boarding as normal.

Then after each port i would get 50$ obc once I'm back on board after each port?

cadykid12

That is the situation. However the real point of "conflict" is whether it will be as refundable or non-refundable OBC. It appears that Miami is saying it will be refundable; I only hope that those on-board who are doing the paperwork are "on the same page".

Phone them and if Miami tells you that it will be refundable I would make sure to get that in writing.

So if i buy prior on my debit card as I always do.

I can pay in full prior to boarding as normal.

Then after each port i would get 50$ obc once I'm back on board after each port?

Correct from my investigation thus far with the caveat that you must take a ship sponsored excursion at each port. No ship excursion, then no credit towards one.