Road to Hana on Royal Caribbean Cruise

NH Cruiser

Has anyone taken the RCCL Road to Hana excursion? If you did, was the tour a complete circle or did it go to Hana and return the same route? Does anyone know a private service that picks up in Lahaina? We don't dock until 8:00 a.m. and sail at 11:00 p.m. I've contacted several tour operators and none of them pick up at Lahaina or they leave on the tour before we dock.

hana is one way in and return the same way out. it is a SLOW meandering road. beautiful, but not for people that get car sick.

i am not familiar with the cruise ship excursion, and it has been a few years since i drove the hwy. i checked google maps and it shows as one hour from lahaina to hana, but that is unlikely.

go to google maps and zoom in close to hana - yes the road really is that windy.

the scenery is awesome, but be prepared for a LONG drive

Hi Jean,

We plan on taking the "Adventure to Hana" tour through RCI. From my research it appears that the road cannot be done with a normal size tour bus, it has to be done with a smaller one. The description from RCI does say that on the way back "you will travel along the famous 30 miles of narrow winding road". It doesn't say that you get to stop along the way back to take pictures.

Julie

Hi Jean,

I know that we are on the same cruise. I figured if I answered your question here, instead of on the roll call, it wouldn't get lost among the many posts. It is very easy to make plans for groups of people to get on the same bus/van. Since most ships tours meet in the theatre, you can plan on meeting there at the same time and getting your tour bus number together. We did this several times on our first Med. cruise when we discovered that some of our dinner mates were on the same tours we were on.

Julie

Julie, we'd love to share this tour with you. There are four of us, although I haven't even asked our son/daughter-in-law yet if they want to do this excursion . . . just assuming they will want to go. Let me know when you book this excursion and we'll book it too.

I did the RCL excursion last year and it is a complete circle' date=' you do not go back the way you came.[/quote']

SO SORRY - just reread your post and saw you are on Royal Caribbean - my tour was on Norwegian. I do not know if the Royal tour is a full circle or not.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread- but did you end up doing the Adventure to Hana tour? If so, what was it like and do you recommend it? I'm debating that or renting a car and driving to Twin Falls which is one of the first spots of note on the way to Hana, and then exploring other areas of interest on the island seeing as departure time is later at night.

I know this is an old thread- but did you end up doing the Adventure to Hana tour? If so, what was it like and do you recommend it? I'm debating that or renting a car and driving to Twin Falls which is one of the first spots of note on the way to Hana, and then exploring other areas of interest on the island seeing as departure time is later at night.

Just know that if you take such a tour, you will spend your entire day doing it and miss out on all of the other places to see and visit on Maui. It is a long drive, and is really something that is better saved for when you are staying on island and have the spare time to devote to it.

Just know that if you take such a tour, you will spend your entire day doing it and miss out on all of the other places to see and visit on Maui. It is a long drive, and is really something that is better saved for when you are staying on island and have the spare time to devote to it.

This was very helpful in making my decision, thank you!