Oasis - First Night Done Right

I am not a very experienced cruiser. I have seen some people post about First Night Done Right. What is that? I think it has something to do with dining on the first night. Help!

It is a promo to get you dinner in a specialty restaurant on the first night at a less expensive price.

I am not a very experienced cruiser. I have seen some people post about First Night Done Right. What is that? I think it has something to do with dining on the first night. Help!

Hello from Franklin! As Bob said, it is a discounted price only on the first night for specialty dining. Generally it is offered on Oasis-class ships (Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony). You pick the time and Royal Caribbean picks the restaurant. If you don't like their choice, you can switch ONCE ON BOARD to another restaurant (if there is availability, and there usually is on night 1). On Oasis in October we did this and were given Giovanni's - rumor has it only Giovanni's and Sabor qualify for the listed price on Oasis. We switched to 150 Central Park and received 50% off instead - they credited us back the $19 each we paid for F.N.D.R. and then charged us half of the normal price. Rumor has it Chops also works this way. These things are always subject to change.

Generally it is offered on Oasis-class ships (Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony).

We've done FNDR several times on Liberty of the Seas too. I think it is offered fleet wide...not just on Oasis-class ships.

We've done Chops several times for $15pp. Although I think it is up to $20pp now and like everything Royal, it will vary by ship and sailing. Check your cruise planner...it's a great deal.

On our last Oasis cruise (April 8, 2018) the price of FNDR went up to $20pp, but all specialty restaurants (except Izumi) were included.

I went to 150 CP when I got on the ship and made sure my reservation was for that restaurant at 8pm. When I got there they told me they only had 715pm or 845pm. I told them that was not acceptable. After the hostesses shocked face recovered, she said they would try to fit me in at the time requested, but it might be a little delayed.

We showed up at 755pm and we seated immediately. The restaurant was not crowded and service was great. I don't know if they try to keep specialty tables/times available for suite guests (who they have a harder time saying NO to) but for her to tell me there was no availability at my time was ridiculous.

FNDR is definitely something to take advantage of if you can

Enjoy

• 2 months later...
Where do I go to change the dining option? I read that if you want a restaurant you can either change or get a discount if not on the FNDR list. Where do I go to make that happen once on the ship? Thanks

Any specialty restaurant.

When do you find out which restaurant that you were assigned to for FNDR?

There will be a letter in your stateroom when you arrive.

You can also find out by going to any specialty restaurant after you board.

I have FNDR booked for our Oasis December sailing. When will I know which restaurant we are given? I just checked my cruiser planner and it doesn't specify. Will their be a card in our stateroom?

Thanks,

Brad

I have FNDR booked for our Oasis December sailing. When will I know which restaurant we are given? I just checked my cruiser planner and it doesn't specify. Will their be a card in our stateroom?

Thanks,

Brad

You will have a letter in your stateroom. You can also find out (and possibly change it) by going to any specialty restaurant as soon as you board.

First Night Done Right appears to be more scarce than it used to be. I’ve got 4 cruises booked over the next 6 months and FNDR is only available on 1.

I have 2 cruises booked & not showing for either of them yet. Both have BOGO offers available though. I am wondering if the other will show up as it gets closer. The first cruise is in early Jan.

We would like to do this FNDR but we also enjoy going to shows. Do you pick your time? If so, anyone have a suggestion on a time which would allow us to see at least one of the shows that night? We're going in March and are open to any show at any time if they even have shows the first night? Thanks.

We would like to do this FNDR but we also enjoy going to shows. Do you pick your time? If so, anyone have a suggestion on a time which would allow us to see at least one of the shows that night? We're going in March and are open to any show at any time if they even have shows the first night? Thanks.

Choose one of the traditional dining times, those are usually good for the shows.

I, also, have 2 Oasis class bookings and neither has FNDR. Both have the BOGO, but that won't work as we have the 5 night dining package. I am leaning toward the Ultimate dining package or Allure even though I can't eat a large lunch (even without eating breakfast) and then a large dinner.

I would do the same for Harmony, but that package is far more expensive. I may end up on Harmony using the Diamond Plus BOGO for night 1 and then we will only have 1 night to go to the MDR or some other place. On Allure, I could do the same, but I am traveling with others and they aren't Diamond Plus, so would have to pay the full price for night 1.

I would prefer to not eat in the MDR at all as I think the food sounds far better than it tastes, but I realize that many do not agree with my opinion.

Bob- What are the traditional dining times? We have done My time dining for so many years now- I hate to admit it- I do not remember-Thanks-Melinda

Last I saw reported they were 5:30pm and 8pm.