Hurls88 Official 25th Anniversary Cruise Live Review and Contest HOTS July 14-21 “Is

My wife Stacey and I (Mike) would like to invite you to join us as we celebrate our 25th Anniversary on Harmony of the Seas July 14-21. We live in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and can’t wait to go on Vacation. I am technically on vacation since I’m a teacher at a local High School and wife works for an Eye Doctor. We will also try to finally answer the question is the Deluxe Drink Package worth it by hosting a live contest as we post pictures of our drinks and countdown the cost as we go. We started the thread two weeks early to allow for guesses.

THE CONTEST:

We paid $47 pp/day each for a total of $776. If I didn’t buy the Deluxe Package I would of bought the Soda Package so I’m going to subtract $70 so we need to drink $706 worth of alcohol between us. Everyone who would like to be in the contest will make a guess of how much we will save or lose during the trip. To give you a background on our drinking habits. I’m a big man (6’5” 275) but not a huge drinker but when I drink I can get after it. I don’t drink many shots or even mixed drinks. I will drink “Fruity Drinks” during the day and Beer at night. My wife hates beer but loves Margaritas, Frozen drinks and will drink some wine. She is a definite lightweight and she will pace herself.

Rules:

1. Guesses should be made rounded up to the dollar (No change). Example: Save $22 or Lose $12

2. Ties will be broken on Guess order.

3. We plan on buying something from St. Maarten to give to winner.

4. Its all for fun

5. Guesses end Friday July 13 at Midnight.

6. I will keep an updated list of guesses as we go.

7. We will mail winner package when we return

THE CRUISE

As we stated we will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary on July 17th during the cruise. We plan on posting tons of pictures and do a live review as we go. We have booked all our shows and as of now we plan to strictly eat dinner at MDR. We have early seating because we figured it would be easier to book shows. This will be our 5th Cruise with Royal and we will become Emerald C&A after this cruise (Each have 29 pts). We did our Honeymoon Cruise 25 years ago on Majesty of the Seas.

Our itinerary:

Day 1: Depart Ft Lauderdale

Day 2: Sea

Day 3: Sea

Day 4: St Maarten

Day 5: San Juan

Day 6: Labadee

Day 7: Sea

We have nothing planned for St Maarten yet. We booked the Bacardi Rum Distillery Tour for San Juan and booked the Beach Bed for Labadee.

BTW I’m a PE Teacher (not English) so please don’t expect great grammar or spelling. Also, we would love to answer any questions during our cruise to help future cruisers.

That’s it for now we hope to have a big following and plan to have a great cruise.

LET THE CONTEST BEGIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All drinks Will be rounded to nearest $$$ including gratuity.

Examples

Import beer: 6.99 + 18% gratuity= $8.25 so $8 will come off total

We are on the cruise with you! Happy anniversary! We celebrate our 25th in October! We also did majesty for our honeymoon 25 years ago!

I’m going with lucky 25 so I say you will save 25.00!

I’m following along! Can wait to hear your review. Contemplating the drink package so this will surely help me decide!

Welcome

We are on the cruise with you! Happy anniversary! We celebrate our 25th in October! We also did majesty for our honeymoon 25 years ago!

I’m going with lucky 25 so I say you will save 25.00!

I like it

Will you be drinking fresh juices, specialty coffee or smoothies at the Vitality bar(assuming all of those are in the package)?

The rest is alcohol only

I am hoping you will save at least $20 a day. I will guess $140 saved.

At least we will have a definitive answer for the “is it worth it?” question. At least for a couple with similar drinking habits. This will be helpful for me.

GUESSES SO FAR:

SAVED:

$18 zazzja

$25 SP4

$38 Storknurse13

$55 ShipsandDipper

$80 #55worktoplay

$113 NolaFireLI

$118 Redrobo

$125 arlodog

$132 Labmom3

$140 er345

LOSE:

Save 80

Got it

I'll play too we are doing drink package on our next cruise. I'll guess you'll save $132. Thanks for doing the guessing game it'll be fun.

My pleasure thanks for playing

Oh FUN!!!

My guess - Save $113.00

Have a wonderful 25th Anniversary Cruise - We're going on our 15th Anniversary cruise in August on HOTS!!

We will enjoy your cruise as well

I am hoping you will save at least $20 a day. I will guess $140 saved.

At least we will have a definitive answer for the “is it worth it?” question. At least for a couple with similar drinking habits. This will be helpful for me.

Great Thanks for playing

Hmm let's see. 3 port days so those days I say you'll break even. However San Juan your back on board by 2, plenty of time to drink and labedee is rccls private island. So one day you'll break even. 6 days you will save $30 and your wife sounds like me so I think she'll save $12 the first 2 days and break even after that and the last 2 days she'll lose $48 because her body is not accustomed to drinking 7 days in a row.

So you will save 180+24-48=$156

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app