RCI Oasis of the Seas - VOOM and texting question

Hi! I purchased the VOOM internet for my cruise coming up in November, and I need to know if connecting my cell phone to VOOM will allow me to text my family back home using my phone's texting function (like I normally do), or if I need to use another app or some other method to "message" my family with my phone? I know Skype can be done over the internet, but can regular ol' texting? Just need some form of "instant text messaging" that is internet based, I guess (??), and not via Facebook. ;p:pThank you!

If you've got an iPhone, your texts to another iPhone will use iMessage (internet rather than cellular data).

Thanks for your reply! Wow, I wish I had an iPhone, now! I've got an Android (Galaxy S7). Does anyone know if Android has something similar??

Thanks for your reply! Wow, I wish I had an iPhone, now! I've got an Android (Galaxy S7). Does anyone know if Android has something similar??

If your phone does WiFi calling, you can text over VOOM without using any special app. If you don't know how to enable WiFi calling, contact your cell carrier.