Are you loyal?

For me, it comes down to which line I enjoy being on the most. I appreciate the service I get on Princess. They have a great product. I tried several lines before going on Princess and I have been on other lines since my first Princess cruise. I think the only way to be sure of your loyalty is to try other lines and compare. I have enjoyed every cruise I have been on, but Princess remains my favorite. Sometimes I try another line due to itinerary or special pricing, but so far no line has replaced my favorite.

We've sailed with two other lines besides Princess and so far have enjoyed the cruises with Princess so much more than the others. We enjoy the Princess ships, the crew, the passengers, the food, and activities and entertainment. I always have a great time on a Princess cruise and the crew always makes me feel so welcomed on board. And now we get free internet minutes! Hooray!

Usually we are loyal ~~ can't beat the elite perks, OBC from CCL stock and veterans benefits, plus Princess has a great product with super itineraries. That said, I do cruise other lines occasionally and comparison shop when ready to book a cruise.

Benefits (OBC, veterans, stockholder), price, itinerary.

Not so much loyal to Princess as, it just fits.

Our case (almost) exactly. No veteran benefits as we don't deserve them but, other than that, we also feel that Princess "just fits". We took our first cruise on Princess and loved it and have since then only sailed on Princess. We bought stock after the first cruise when I learned about it here on CC and always have FCD for the low deposit and additional OBC. We will remain "loyal" as long as Princess continues to make us happy. The crew on Princess ships have always been fantastic. They are always so polite, friendly, and helpful. It may not hurt that we are always polite and friendly to the crew in return and always use those (seemingly outdated) words "please" and "thank you".

What makes you choose the line you do?:o

I have absolutely no loyalty at all. I have a few lines that I like mainly because of the size of the ships since I feel that any ship that has much over 1000 passengers in absurdly large. However, I pick cruises based on itinerary, itinerary and price in that order. I guess that you could throw sailing schedule in there somewhere.

DON

We have sailed several cruise lines with Princess being our favorite. We seem to like their itineraries whenever we go searching for a cruise. After sailing the Regal to the Baltics last year, I fell in love with the Royal class ships (my DW not so much, but she deals with it). The icing came when Princess awarded us an early upgrade to Elite since we have booked several large groups to Alaska and Europe as well as top-end suites over the years. We are trying our first Viking Ocean later this year and I expect that to be an amazing cruise experience.

Disney has been my line of choice overall - I love the service and shows and Disney feel.

But I am excited to give Princess a try next year. I like what I see so far.

I am far stricter on the lines I have zero interest in cruising.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Though most of our cruises have been with RCCL and Princess we really don't have loyalty to a particular brand. We've also sailed Costa, NCL, Celeb and this past fall a first on HAL which we really enjoyed and are returning back again for the holidays.

One thing we do try is going after the brand new shiny ships to see what they offer. Of course price is a big consideration. Princess has a good product we'll be back.

Our case (almost) exactly. No veteran benefits as we don't deserve them but, other than that, we also feel that Princess "just fits". We took our first cruise on Princess and loved it and have since then only sailed on Princess. We bought stock after the first cruise when I learned about it here on CC and always have FCD for the low deposit and additional OBC. We will remain "loyal" as long as Princess continues to make us happy. The crew on Princess ships have always been fantastic. They are always so polite, friendly, and helpful. It may not hurt that we are always polite and friendly to the crew in return and always use those (seemingly outdated) words "please" and "thank you".
Pretty much matches us, too. We truly enjoy the Princess experience and customer service, and have been well rewarded with Elite benefits and FCC incentives. With the number of Princess Cruises under our belt (literally) I guess one would consider us loyal Princess Cruises customers.

"Loyalty" is a two way street, and for a long time there has been traffic in both directions for us. Unfortunately some of the changes made recently take away items that were part of our enjoyable cruise experience ( like ballroom dance venues, upscale Caribe Café buffet with themed cuisine, mini-golf courses, plus sailing from a near port ) have prompted us to try another line.

I think that the bean counters who change things in search of more onboard profit forget what we, the customers, value for our cruise enjoyment.

Definitely loyalists here. Every cruise since 2008 has been with Princess and that was the year Princess came to Australia.

We love the familiarity (our home away from home), the generous OBC's, elite perks military benefits. I doubt we'll ever cruise with another line.

Los Angeles departures.

After 40 years of corporate life I have had more than enough of airports and arilines.

San Pedro is about a one hour drive from the adobe. I call Brian, our favorite driver, and ask for a 10:30 pickup. At 10:15 I see that he is parked out front. So, I go out and tell him that he doesn't have to wait. We're ready to go. He follows me up to the front door and starts grabbing our baggage. Our vacation starts at that very moment.

:D

Definitely not loyal to any line. There's too many ships out there and with lots too offer and so much going on. I like to mix things up. This year I opted for Princess because it was the only cruise line that offered a decent short cruise (5 day Cabo) to celebrate my birthday other than the tired old Carnival short cruises.

For me its where I see it fit.

Disney has been my line of choice overall - I love the service and shows and Disney feel.

But I am excited to give Princess a try next year. I like what I see so far.

I am far stricter on the lines I have zero interest in cruising.

Agree: Disney is our cruise line of choice (and glad two know that are expending with 2 more ships!)

Celebrity is our second choice.

However, we compare itineraries, prices, special offers, and more when deciding on booking another cruise. We have sailed with Azamara, Holland America, Oceania, Princess, Uniworld (river cruise) and are looking forward to another 2 Celebrity cruises and a Windstar cruise in the future.

Itineraries, especially ships that cross oceans. At this time we usually use ships as transportation, although in the future I can see us becoming cruise customers. So we've done a lot of crossing on Cunard's QM2. Perks are nice, but I find that one has to be very, very loyal to cash in on loyalty perks. After only one Princess trip, I don't see us becoming loyal to Princess. And if you are loyal to Princess what do you get? Some free laundry and a tacky cheap drink reception every night with cheap nibbles. Eh?

After 40 years of corporate life I have had more than enough of airports and arilines.

I cancelled a Diamond Princess cruise four days before departure because I didn't want to go through all the hassle of flying 1hr. 40min. from Phuket to Singapore (and back after) just to go on a 7-day cruise. I had Princess' Platinum Vacation Protection with 'cancel for any reason' coverage. When they asked why I cancelled, I told them. :cool: I don't mind flying - I hate airports and airlines... and everything about them!

I'm pretty loyal to Princess but I'm also a 3-star Mariner on HAL and have taken four RCI and one Celebrity cruise. Wouldn't hesitate to sail HAL again, might sail RCI if I got a deal and the timing were right and doubtful I'll ever sail Celebrity again for several very valid reasons.