Review is late, but hope to get it posted soon.

FuelScience

I had great aspirations for posting a review of our recent Douro cruise with Vantage, but things don't always work out the way you expect. On our first morning in Lisbon after completing the cruise part of our trip and before our extension to Madeira I noticed blood in my urine. After some discussion we decided to head for home on Thursday, April 26.

After returning home we discovered that I had a large (7cm x8cm) tumor in my right kidney. The kidney was removed on May 1, and I came homefrom the hospital yesterday. The doctors have apparently removed all of thetumor with the kidney, and none of the surrounding tissue (lymph nodes, etc.)showed any sign of cancer, so we are optimistic.

So as my strength comes back, I'll try to get a review together.

I had great aspirations for posting a review of our recent Douro cruise with Vantage, but things don't always work out the way you expect. On our first morning in Lisbon after completing the cruise part of our trip and before our extension to Madeira I noticed blood in my urine. After some discussion we decided to head for home on Thursday, April 26.

After returning home we discovered that I had a large (7cm x8cm) tumor in my right kidney. The kidney was removed on May 1, and I came homefrom the hospital yesterday. The doctors have apparently removed all of thetumor with the kidney, and none of the surrounding tissue (lymph nodes, etc.)showed any sign of cancer, so we are optimistic.

So as my strength comes back, I'll try to get a review together.

So sorry to hear of this - best wishes for a quick recovery!

Sorry your cruise was interrupted, but you obviously made the right decision to head home. Wishing you a full recovery.

Roz

FuelScience, wow. Scary stuff.

Very glad to know that you are home and on the mend, and really glad to see you back here. Hopefully, writing a review will help take your mind off what you just went through. And I hope that you will be planning your next cruise soon!

Best,

Sorry to hear about your kidney issues, but glad to hear the positive prognosis. Glad to have you as an active contributor to this community, and look forward to your review whenever it is possible for you to post it here.