What time to disembark at Manhattan terminal

blusun

I have never cruised out of NYC before and we've never taken Amtrak. Our train leaves Penn station at 12:06 and I know Amtrak recommends being at the station 45 mins prior. Can anyone give me any idea of what time we should do self walk off in order to get through customs and get a cab and be there on time? We love a calm quite breakfast in the dining room (and a couple final mimosas) before we join the real world again. We will be on Ncl breakaway. Coming back on Sunday Oct 11th. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Breakaway has over 4,000 passengers, and the self disembarkation can be chaotic, with lines to both get off the ship and to get through customs/immigration.

The Carnival Splendor will also be disembarking at Pier 90, the next pier over (Breakaway will be at 88), so there will be few thousand more passengers competing for taxis.

I'd recommend you self disembark no later than 8:30 or 9. That way the worst that can happen is you might get to Penn Station a little earlier than you have to.

By the way, we're on the same cruise. We have a pretty active roll call and a Meet and Greet that should be well attended. If you're interested you can sign up on the roll call board.