Southampton changing ships, how to get from QM2 to QE .is there time for a excursion

Radar boomer

We are taking QM2 aug 3 from NYC to Southampton, then going on Queen Elizabeth the same day.

Doescunard arrange luggage/passenger transfer between ships?

Does cunard provide tours for passengers between ships departing on th esame day?

Or are you on your own to drop of the luggage, tour around then make you way back?

Wondering as all 3 ships will be in port on August 10th...could be very crowded as well

Hi Radar Boomer,

I’ve done the ship transfer a number of times. You will receive special luggage tags indicating the ship to which you’re going, and an instruction sheet. Normally, there is lots of time to visit Southampton or to do a day tour on your own-like Salisbury, the Isle of Wight or some such. Cunard may or may not offer tours, but they usually don’t on the day you disembark. There’s also plenty of time to head for the Mall to pick up supplies and to shop-you will be told by which time you must be aboard the new ship. Relax and enjoy!:)

Personally I should prefer to deal with my own luggage transfer. You can see and be confident that it is happening The two ships will be a long way apart (at different dock areas) and disembarkation is around 8am to 9am roughly and depositing your luggage through "the hole in the wall" opens much later 10.30ish. I would book a slot at the Grand Harbour Hotel Cruise Lounge, opens at 7am drop my cases off there. Go on a privately organised tour with someone like Viator to wherever return to the hotel lounge and transfer to next ship with luggage the hotel will look after for you. No need to book a room, just the lounge on a non-alcoholic lounge place. Board the ship 2pm to 3pm.

Regards John

Hi Radar Boomer,

I’ve done the ship transfer a number of times. You will receive special luggage tags indicating the ship to which you’re going, and an instruction sheet. Normally, there is lots of time to visit Southampton or to do a day tour on your own-like Salisbury, the Isle of Wight or some such. Cunard may or may not offer tours, but they usually don’t on the day you disembark. There’s also plenty of time to head for the Mall to pick up supplies and to shop-you will be told by which time you must be aboard the new ship. Relax and enjoy!:)

Hi do you get fro ship, is the hotel close, and they will look after your luggage etc, what time would you leave hotel to ck in if ships leaves at 4:30..tks..

On our farewell QE2 cruise (when the Queen came aboard) we transferred from QE2 to QM2.

I recall they arranged taxis for the half-dozen or so of us transferring (I believe they shipped the luggage themselves, but it may have been in the trunk/boot of the taxicab)

Do they still offer taxis?

- Mark

Personally I should prefer to deal with my own luggage transfer. You can see and be confident that it is happening The two ships will be a long way apart (at different dock areas) and disembarkation is around 8am to 9am roughly and depositing your luggage through "the hole in the wall" opens much later 10.30ish. I would book a slot at the Grand Harbour Hotel Cruise Lounge, opens at 7am drop my cases off there. Go on a privately organised tour with someone like Viator to wherever return to the hotel lounge and transfer to next ship with luggage the hotel will look after for you. No need to book a room, just the lounge on a non-alcoholic lounge place. Board the ship 2pm to 3pm.

Regards John

Sound a bit complicated and totally exhausting. If you booked both voyages via Cunard they will manage the bags for you and you can do your own thing before re boarding the new ship. They double ship transfer often and provide all the documents/tags for it to work seamlessly.

I have transfered between Cunard ships (here in the UK) on more than one occasion . Although you will be provided with new luggage tags, 'YOU' will be responsible to 'identify and collect your own luggage from the baggage hall and proceed through UK customs' . After customs a Cunard agent/rep will be on hand to direct you to the transport that will take your luggage to the next ship. It is advisable that 'you personally see your luggage is loaded onto the correct transport before setting out for a tour around Southampton etc'

Additional transport is available to transfer guests to the next ship ( which is often at another dock quite a distance away) or you are free to make your own way later during the day.

My only concern is the possible traffic or congestion as all 3 queens are in port on August 10th. We’d like to take a taxi to Or perhaps tour by locals to see the new forest and lyndhurst or perhaps best maybe to take the fast ferry to isle of white..any ideas...