What should you buy on a Cruise Ship?

Hi, I am going on my first cruise in August for my honeymoon. We are going on the pride. Do you have any suggestions of things we should get on the ship?

Well that is really all up to what you like and how much you want to spend. The ships stores have the usual duty free liquor, jewelry, perfume, t-shirts and other clothing items, kids toys, the funship freddie dolls. All that stuff. It will be tax free also.

I second the motion for a Funship Special! That is the Drink of the Day on the first day of the cruise. Each day there will be a different flavor of Drink of the Day. Once I get that Funship Special in my hand, I know my cruise is off to a good start! :)

I also like to buy a coffee mug with a picture of the ship on it.

And, we buy lots of photos. There will be photo backgrounds around the ship on formal nights ~ very fun to have your pictures taken. Plus, photographers will be taking your picture throughout the cruise, at dinner, as you get off at ports, etc. They make nice souvenirs (especially for a honeymoon cruise ~ CONGRATS!) :)

We have started buying a Christmas ornament too. I also purchased a nice silver clip magnet that has the ships name and picture on it.

I don't recommend the 2 for $20 tshirts as they shrimk a lot. :p DH now has a muscle shirt. :p

I wish we had done this from the beginning, but we recently started buying the Christmas Ornaments for each ship. It is fun to hang them on the tree at Christmas and be reminded of our great cruises.

We started doing this too!! It just makes you want to book more cruises at Christmas time.:eek: :D

Ditto on the Christmas ornament. I like those gold ones because you can buy them at other places besides cruises and so I have quite a collection. They really sparkle on my tree and unless you look at them carefully, they scream - "Travel Tree" - LOL!

I also recommend Christmas ornaments, photos and, if they still have them, I suggest one of their honeymoon photo albums. They used to have anniversary and honeymoon photo albums. We purchased one of them for an anniversary cruise and I love it.

Hi, I am going on my first cruise in August for my honeymoon. We are going on the pride. Do you have any suggestions of things we should get on the ship?

Here's what I typically buy:

1) Drinks

2) A souvenir T-shirt...something with the name of the ship on it

3) A couple of photos (Ships have photographers who take photos of you everywhere you go...the formal night portrait is usually a nice one)

4) Shore excursions...if they interest me...or go with private tours in port if they don't...

5) Not much else...the rest of what I buy, I buy in port.

Don't buy:

1) "Art" at the Art Auctions...Some folks are convinced they've gotten great deals...but research tells me otherwise...They don't hold these things to give away art at less than it's worth.

2) The $29.95 "Special Sale" watches at the gift shops...thery're not worth any more than that...

Stuff you buy in port will be more special and more memorable...it will have a connection to a place--especially art work or items for your home...

Have fun...

A cruise is like any other vacation, only the items tend to be more expensive because the Carnival logo is plastered on everything. Explore the different shops and see what you like.

Well that is really all up to what you like and how much you want to spend. The ships stores have the usual duty free liquor, jewelry, perfume, t-shirts and other clothing items, kids toys, the funship freddie dolls. All that stuff. It will be tax free also.

Oh, OK, this post made me think that duty free and tax free were 2 different things.

Also you might want to wait until the last day of your cruise to buy some things. Like t-shirt and sweatshirts are usually on sale. I bought a Carnival sweatshirt for half price. I still paid $33.00 for it, but it was alot better than paying $66.00. I found a few little items called memory boxes. Just something to bring back for friends. The price was marked down to $2.99. Original price was $10.00.

I enjoy sending myself andf DH gifts precruise. Already I have sent us a bottle of wine for each night of our upcoming Destiny Cruise with a special message to DH on each one.

Duty Free means "Tax Free".

no duty was paid on items that were brought in to the area/island, to sell retail..if you go over your customs aloow..it can be charged as taxable goods....an olllldddd cruiser,.... european shopper

If youre going on your first cruise, I would start by buying the Pride Coffee mugs, they have a few cool ones and then as you get on other ships you can buy those with their names on them.

Fred

I buy:

1. Flavored Vodkas - they are a very good price

2. A professional picture of the ship from the photo shop.

3. Something shiney like a new purse or wrap for formal night.

I collect:

1. My Diamonds International charm (ask for the card - it's a freebie thing)

2. My past cruiser pin

3. A couple of the drink of the day cups when I forget to turn them in for a discount on the next :o

4. The freebie little art pictures from the auctions.

What I've bought and wouldn't buy again:

1. Tshirts from the ship. They are long and skinny and shrink funny.

2. Key rings that look like pewter - they fall apart

Have a good time!

Archived