First night done right

Discount for a specialty restaurant on the first night.

On our Adventure cruise last fall, one couple at our table said their package was 2 nights and they had to use them the first 2 nights. While they did stop by and say hi on night 2 before their dinner, it seemed to me this was evidence Royal was trying to kill traditional dining.

On our Adventure cruise last fall, one couple at our table said their package was 2 nights and they had to use them the first 2 nights. While they did stop by and say hi on night 2 before their dinner, it seemed to me this was evidence Royal was trying to kill traditional dining.

That sounds more like the BOGO deal.

I am intrigued. We are sailing on Empress of the Seas April 14-18 2018 to Nassau and Key West. Do we have this option too? I'd like to hear more about it.

Check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. It will show up there if it's offered for your cruise.

It’s a good deal. Did it on Oasis last year and had dinner at Park 150 for $15 a person. Price has gone up to $20.

The deal says they pick the restaurant but you can change it once on the ship if you do it early enough. Planning on Chops in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, if people are willing to pay for it, good on Royal. I personally really dislike the whole main dining room traditional thing, and it has pretty mediocre food to boot. I'll almost always pay the extra for a specialty restaurant (or eat on shore if the port stop is late enough)

We’re on Radiance in March and while we’re usually MDR people, we’re thinking about booking this since we don’t sail until 6:30 pm and always enjoy sail away on our balcony. The main two restaurants are Chops and Giovanni’s but there’s also Izumi and Chef Table. Does FNDR only include Chops and Giovanni’s or do they include the other two (which we’re not interested in)? We’d really like to eat at Chops. Are you always able to change your restaurant if assigned to a different one?

Doing this next 2 weeks on Liberty. Will do Chops the first week and next week will probably do Chops again(maybe Giovannis just to switch it up)

Yes it is a deal and Royal is trying to drive a little business for day 1 on the cruise.

If a cruise already had BOGO (nights 1 and 2), then will they still offer First Night Done Right? Or is it typically one or the other? Our Symphony cruise has BOGO which costs $50 CAD per person. We want to try one specialty so First Night Done Right would be perfect for us but it's not there yet. We are also more than a year away.

Check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. It will show up there if it's offered for your cruise.

When do you find out which restaurant they have assigned? I wouldn't care between Chops or Giovannis but would not like Izumi. I do understand that we can change restaurant/time/date after boarding.

When do you find out which restaurant they have assigned? I wouldn't care between Chops or Giovannis but would not like Izumi. I do understand that we can change restaurant/time/date after boarding.

It is something we've added to our sail away day now. Wander down to the restaurant we want to do on FNDR and check in the early afternoon before we go topside for sail away.

We purchased First Night Done Right for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis. My understanding is that the price was recently increased to allow more restaurant choices. Does anyone know if it might include Izumi hibachi? My kids would really love that. Sorry if that’s already been asked and answered.

You find out when you get onboard. Go to any specialty restaurant and they can look up your reservation.

We purchased First Night Done Right for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis. My understanding is that the price was recently increased to allow more restaurant choices. Does anyone know if it might include Izumi hibachi? My kids would really love that. Sorry if that’s already been asked and answered.

I have not seen any reports of the hibachi being one of the FNDR choices.

It’s a good deal. Did it on Oasis last year and had dinner at Park 150 for $15 a person. Price has gone up to $20.

The deal says they pick the restaurant but you can change it once on the ship if you do it early enough. Planning on Chops in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums