What is going on with Celebrity pricing for next year ??

barneymag

You concur with the comment yet you went out and booked two more cruises? I can only think of two reasons why you would do that and neither one is very flattering.

I concur with the statement for those who agree with it, yet for myself, we choose to pay what 'We' think is fair passage on Edge and not what others think is not fair or 'too' expensive.

We believe that we good value from X products, overall, and usually have no issues with what is charged when we purchase, otherwise we would not purchase.

Each of us book at price levels where we feel comfortable or not. We will start sailing Azamara soon to see if it a product we like. We do not choose based on pricing alone, we choose based on the demographic of passengers and destinations we want. As well, we do cruise with upwards of eight (8) other couples, so that dictates when and where will sail, usually. Fortunately on the upcoming Edge sailings most of us decided the pricing was right, the ship was right and the group is right to make the advance bookings.

As Edge is rapidly filling up on our selected sailings and prices rising, we think we made the right decision at the right time... As for any other X sailing, we have never been able to take advantage of a pricing reduction upgrade or reduction in price, as prices have only gone up since the booking.

This is not to say that three will not come a time when pricing will be the main arbiter of our cruise choices, at this point, it is not and choose not to make it so, either.

Also, I do not take flattery well, but I do give a good flatter out... as such, good bad or indifferent, matters it not, to me. LOL

bon voyage

I love Celebrity but do not limit myself to a single cruise line. In the port intensive European ports of call, I am rarely on the ship - usually just return in time for a bite to eat. Although the quality of the food and client demographics seem to change from line to line, I have found enjoyment on all of my cruises. Bottom line, I look for the deal that best fits my pocketbook.

My only regret is not booking the Edge when it became available, since the prices have gone crazy since. I'm booked on the Equinox instead. It will have been Edgecized by then, and I'm looking forward to it. I know they can't do everything the Edge has, especially the Infinity balconies, or Eden, but hopefully it will come close. The MC really doesn't make a difference to me.

My only regret is not booking the Edge when it became available, since the prices have gone crazy since. I'm booked on the Equinox instead. It will have been Edgecized by then, and I'm looking forward to it. I know they can't do everything the Edge has, especially the Infinity balconies, or Eden, but hopefully it will come close. The MC really doesn't make a difference to me.

Do not regret or fret you may be the winner in the long run after us guinea pigs sail it and let you know how it is or is not.... ;p

We are betting that it is! We booked early enough that the price increases make our deal a very good one.... even though some got better, no worries, we will be aboard at a cost we are happy with.

bon voyage

Do not regret or fret you may be the winner in the long run after us guinea pigs sail it and let you know how it is or is not.... ;p

We are betting that it is! We booked early enough that the price increases make our deal a very good one.... even though some got better, no worries, we will be aboard at a cost we are happy with.

bon voyage

I can do a B2B on Royal Caribbean (TA + Europe) in a Junior Suite for what they want on Edge for a 7-night Caribbean in a Concierge Class stateroom visiting those same ole boring ports.

I'm not paying for all that hype.

I can do a B2B on Royal Caribbean (TA + Europe) in a Junior Suite for what they want on Edge for a 7-night Caribbean in a Concierge Class stateroom visiting those same ole boring ports.

I understand... hopefully the hype will be reality for all of us who bought in. There are the Med and TA sailings too... we will take advantage of, for sure, on Edge.

If not, we are far out enough we can change the sailings to something else sailing in the same part of the world where we are planning to now. No worries about that for sure on our part.

bon voyage

Agree. 13 nights as opposed to 7 nights for us for less during the height of the summer. It’s the ports that are important to us, together with value for money. We’ve visited most of the usual Med ports that the large ships visit, so it’s just not worth the money X are presently asking.

Love visiting Europe but take land vacations. One day in a port is not that much fun for us.
We feel the same way, but especially when a cruise itinerary includes a port stop for a city like Paris or Rome, where the destination is so far away from the port that you need to spend a good part of the day in transit just getting there and back.

They remind me of those parodies of American tourists dashing around madly checking places off their list.

5 hours in Paris? Enough, Been there, done that.

We need to get back to the ship

I understand... hopefully the hype will be reality for all of us who bought in. There are the Med and TA sailings too... we will take advantage of, for sure, on Edge.

I'm confident the hype will be reality! For those of us who enjoy the celebrity experience, I'm sure we will be more than satisfied and impressed with what the Edge has to offer.

I wonder if Edge pricing will go down once Beyond becomes available for bookings...

While I do feel that current Edge pricing has gone up quite a bit, I agree with an earlier post of yours Bo... It's all about what each of us are willing to pay to enjoy our experience....