Veendam not doing Bermuda, in 2019 as we discused before bUT

sail7seas

I wonder if she is not doing the Bermuda cruises No t specifically in order to sail to Venice as has been suggested but because of the sale of Prinsendam ?

Yes Venice may be one port she will visit but I think Veendam 's Bermuda cruises end ed because HAL knew ;Prinsendam would be sold and were not yet ready to announce it.

I hope we’re still alive in 2029! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you not see my apology and correction in Post #3 ? Or do you not accept my apology?

I did see both, Judy, but was just responding to the 2029 date. I really knew right away what you meant because I had been looking at those Bermuda cruises a few weeks ago and saw that Veendam wasn't doing anything next year, 2019. My post was tongue in cheek.

Did you not see my apology and correction in Post #3 ? Or do you not accept my apology?

Frankly, no! I focused on the 2029 and realized, God willing, I’ll be 87 then. DH will be 90. Yowza! No small fete. [emoji50]. If I’m still around, I doubt I’ll be cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if she is not doing the Bermuda cruises No t specifically in order to sail to Venice as has been suggested but because of the sale of Prinsendam ?

Yes Venice may be one port she will visit but I think Veendam 's Bermuda cruises end ed because HAL knew ;Prinsendam would be sold and were not yet ready to announce it.

I was on Veendam about two weeks ago - a direct quote from the captain was "the Veendam has a small draft which is why she is able to dock on Front Street in Bermuda. HAL wants to sail from Venice next year and Venice has reduced the size/draft of ship allowed to sail from there so they are putting the Veendam in Venice next year." He was looking forward to it.

Now maybe he was just mouthing the corporate answer but it made sense.

I was on Veendam about two weeks ago - a direct quote from the captain was "the Veendam has a small draft which is why she is able to dock on Front Street in Bermuda. HAL wants to sail from Venice next year and Venice has reduced the size/draft of ship allowed to sail from there so they are putting the Veendam in Venice next year." He was looking forward to it.

Now maybe he was just mouthing the corporate answer but it made sense.

Of course it made sense---because it's the sensible reason. There is no valid reason to think the Veendam was pulled from Bermuda, and sent to Venice because of the Prinsendam. It isn't taking over any of the Prinsendam's itineraries; other ships are.

The Veendam is capable of sailing in/out of Venice under the new rules, while most other HAL ships aren't.

Who was your Captain ?

Captain Cohlm Ryan (not 100% sure of the spelling of his fist name but it was very Irish I remember). He was asked this question at a q&a he held in the theater and in front of hundreds of people gave that answer.

Captain Cohlm Ryan (not 100% sure of the spelling of his fist name but it was very Irish I remember). He was asked this question at a q&a he held in the theater and in front of hundreds of people gave that answer.

Colm Ryan