Disembarkment in Greenwich

Frenchberet

We would like to get transportation from our ship in Greenwich to a hotel in London near Victoria Station. What is the most cost effective way to do this? We don’t want to take the subway/Tube. The taxi service the ship is offering is expensive ($300-$400 per person). Can we do it cheaper? Thanks!

We would like to get transportation from our ship in Greenwich to a hotel in London near Victoria Station. What is the most cost effective way to do this? We don’t want to take the subway/Tube. The taxi service the ship is offering is expensive ($300-$400 per person). Can we do it cheaper? Thanks!
Last summer we took Uber from Greenwhich to our hotel in downtown London for under 50 Euros.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

That taxi service the ship is quoting is outrageous. Try Smith's for Airports. You can get an online quote for anywhere. We used them in May disembarking the Sun going to Heathrow. They have always had great drivers and new vehicles

We live in North West England and took the train to London at the start of our recent cruise. We arrived at Euston Station (which looks to be about the same distance from Greenwich as Victoria Station is). I had prebooked a private car through a company called Addison Lee, at a fixed price. It cost less than £30 for the trip to Greenwich - for two of us, plus two huge suitcases. The car was modern, comfortable, clean - and the driver was pleasant and smart. They don't get great reviews on tripadvisor, but I must say our experience of the company was First Class and we will use them again when we are in London. https://www.addisonlee.com/

I agree with Jim, above, the price the ship is quoting is OUTRAGEOUS!

Totally agree with Jammy Bun, as we had similar arrangements for our Baltic cruise last year. We took the Virgin East Coast from St Andrews to King's Cross, then a taxi to our hotel at Tower Bridge (UKP 20).

Our cruise departed from Tilbury, so we booked a limo from Addison Lee - clean almost new car with a polite and uniformed driver. Cost was about UKP 55. I booked it online a couple of months before the cruise. About 15 mins before pick up we received a text from the driver to say he was enroute and arrived a few minutes early. (Note: Tower Hill to Tilbury is further than Victoria to Greenwich)

After the cruise we didn't pre-book, due to possible delays, but called just prior to docking and made a reservation, again with Addison Lee. Same excellent service and consistent price.

Even the London cabbies would be cheaper than the cruise line quote.

Another vote for Uber. We were in London last week and used Uber, worked great and inexpensive. With traffic being so heavy in and around London, I’d look for a paid car service rather than a taxi that charges by the minute even when sitting in traffic. When we arrived in London @ Heathrow we pre-booked a car pick-up with suntransfers

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last week we disembarked from the Star at Greenwich and used Addison Lee to get to our hotel in Kensington. Cost was £30. Booked it on-line the day prior using the AL app. Service was excellent. Details on the overall process here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56531785&postcount=63