MSC Preziosa Baltics (NOW)

plucasana

Hello from the Preziosa YC.

We went on board yesterday (checkin started quite late at around 13h) and are currently docked in Copenhagen.

We are on a girls trip (my friend, her daughter and my daughter and me) and are enjoying ourselves immensely.

Went to Palmeraie yesterday for lunch (was ok) and to top sail this morning (excellent choices: plenty of different fresh fruit, freshly pressed orange and grapefruit juice, joghurt, cake, pastry, bread (even healthy options) - anything you want -

Accompanied by very good cappucchino.

Internet is good, butler seems to be ok (we have Ortence (sp?) or Hortence ???) and Solange as our JB)

Will be hard to compete with the butlers we had so far (Johnny S. In particular)

A couple of items were missing at first (like welcome champagne and other tiny things) but were corrected immediately upon friendly request.

Concierge is excellent (!!)

Maitre d‘ very classy (and funny too)

If anyone is interested, I can keep you updated.

Off to see the beautiful city of copenhagen now (sadly under the clouds)

Have a nice day!!!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

We went on board yesterday (checkin started quite late at around 13h) and are currently docked in Copenhagen.

We are on a girls trip (my friend, her daughter and my daughter and me) and are enjoying ourselves immensely.

Went to Palmeraie yesterday for lunch (was ok) and to top sail this morning (excellent choices: plenty of different fresh fruit, freshly pressed orange and grapefruit juice, joghurt, cake, pastry, bread (even healthy options) - anything you want -

Internet is good, butler seems to be ok (we have Ortence (sp?) or Hortence ???) and Solange as our JB)

Will be hard to compete with the butlers we had so far (Johnny S. In particular)

A couple of items were missing at first (like welcome champagne and other tiny things) but were corrected immediately upon friendly request.

Have a nice day!!!

We are doing this cruise in late August 2018 so would love to hear about life on Preziosa thanks!

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Have a nice day!!!

Forgot to ask in my last post if you would check the Menu in the Galaxy Sushi restaurant to see what else is in the Menu other than sushi please.

Hei everybody,

Thanks for taking interest ...

will be sure to check for the galaxy menu !

Copenhagen was beautiful!

We took the MSC shuttle for the very first time - (12,90 €)-

Took us right to the city center (opposite Magasin Du Nord).

From there we walked to Nyhaven where we took a boat tour.

(Stromma Family ticket for 250 DKK)

That was soo worth the money. Not only did we have a great guide but also the wheather was beautiful which shed an even more positive light on this city. CPH feels safe, clean and (word I recently learned) HYGGE :-)

I am not the most relaxed person but the positive and ZEN attitude of the people (I want to say the architecture but that may not make sense to everyone) and the calming effect of the ocean have put me in vacation mode.

Let‘s rewind:

I had a really stressful couple of weeks at work - hustling until the very last minute before take-off.

Then we went to pick up our friends and drove all the way to Kiel (500 km). It is beginning of summer holidays for school kids so the roads were really really full of traffic jams. It took us 7 hours and when we arrived we were exhausted.

We had a lovely hotel near the waterfront (Atlantic hotel) - clean, modern, near everything from restaurants to shops to cruise ship terminal.

Next morning after a very good breakfast and some last “oh my god I forgot to buy xyz”-shopping we parked our car right in front of the ships (Aida and MSC).

It was a bit of a hassle to find the right parking spot because I showed the “officer” my printout that I embellished with a beautiful MSC-Headline. That made him think that I was looking for the cruise-lines parking, which I on the other hand did not understand... so we saw 2 different parking sides until we reached “final position”.

Back at the terminal we quickly found the YC Checkin tent where a cheerful butler asked us if he might take over the heavy heavy bags for us, we then followed him inside (sheep-like) into a roped off area in the middle of the terminal. It is very different from the check-in area in Genoa or Miami because it does definetly not feel relaxed or cozy at all with all the buzzing around you and the feeling of a herd situation (with all the rope around you).

Also - as we werde quite late there were no pastries / petit fours anymore. We did get served with sparkling wine or Mango juice though.

Then there was a lot of waiting to be endured.

The checkin had not started yet (it was around 11:30).

If I remember correctly they started the checkin around 11:45 and we were brought on board at around 12:30.

There were a lot of passengers being brought upstairs with us so there was a long line at the concierge-check-in.

We opted to wait in the Top Sail lounge until it was our turn.

We waited for at least another 40 Minutes.

When we were finally called upon we were able to go to our staterooms right away.

After that it was time to go to lunch (I will insert pics of the menu and meals later). At 14.00 they announced that all cabins were ready.

My lunch choice was Tuna Ahi with Sesame Crust, Tournedos with french fries and a Trilogie of italien desserts. The Tuna was dry, the tournedos tasted like nothing and the dessert was so so.

This was my least favorite meal in La Palmeraie ever!

My friend had the “pasta of the day” which was delicious and the carot cake (also great)... much besser choice obviously :-)

Back at the stateroom the suitcases were already waiting to be unpacked.

Unfortunately I had chipped a toenail the week before so I went down to the Spa to take a look at the prices.

They had a special offer (20 % off) and even had an appointment for me right away so I asked my daughter to take care of the unpacking (which she graciously did) and had a very good pedicure.

The NailArtist was incredibly quick but the result was good and left me very happy.

When I went back to the room I found my daughter had taken care of everything and suddenly felt the weight of the last weeks and the long trip all on my eyelids.

I took a nap.

We had initially planned on going to the restaurants this evening but being so tired decided on Room Service.

The Drill was somewhat simultaniously with the SailAway and was as quick and inefficient as always.

Room service took its time as usual but the food was quite good.My DD and I had the MSC-Sandwich, my friend the Veggi-Wrap and her daughter had the Cesar’s Salad. Our butler Horense (sic!) even offered to bring us drinks from the bar.

So we sat on the balcony and enjoyed the sun go down.

There was a show that evening (Grease) but we were much too tired to go see it.

The night was uneventful with a very calm sea.

We had breakfast at the TSL but I already said that :-)

After our trip we had lunch at the Buffet.

It was not too crowded, the oferings were good and hot.

The girls were really excited to get good Pizza (which btw is delicious on every MSC, imho) burgers and other healthy options ;-)

I had some vegetables (there were beans, carots, salad) and potatoes, that were really good. I did not care for the Curry Wurst though. That is something that is very popular in my hometown so I am used to a certain flavour. The one here on the ship tasted very sweet and too fruity for my taste.

After that the girls wanted to try the Venchi ice cream.

When you exit the buffet on the left you stumble upon a pool-side ice-cream shack. They had a lot of flavours:

chocolate, orange-chocolate, stracciatella, vanilla, walnut, mango, lemon.

It was delicious and the best part: it is included in our YC-package.

They don’t even print out a receit. they just look at your card and say “thank you mam”.

My DD’s friend just called her to ask if she wanted to go to the gym. Well “want” is maybe a strong word... but she IS getting dressed now and I think it is excellent that they are getting a little bit of exercice with all the good and rich food here.

We had signed a waiver at the gym yesterday evening, the place was totally empty then. I hope it is similar now.

This afternoon we will probably watch the world-cup final France - Croatia.

Otherwise there are the the wimbledon finals live in the Sportsbar

There are dance classes (today Salsa and later Rock and Roll, yesterday Grease (?)), there is a stretching class, there is music... a lot of fun to be had.

I have just left Preziosa after a trip to the Norwegian Fjords.

It was a fantastic trip. Every Night great shows and dont miss the opera singers. Read the Daily program and check when They are in centrum at Night. All over great Music. Luka in centrum with his guitar is worth lasting to. If you are 2 Black members you have two dinners i the special restaurants Galaxy and Eataly. The staff is wonderful.

Looking forward to your review of your Baltic cruise as we will sail there in August, although on a different ship. Looking forward to your review of Preziosa YC as we'll sail on her later in the year but a different itinerary. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Plucasana

Marine Traffic is showing Preziosa as being docked at Stockholm rather than outside of Stockholm as I though was expected - did you manage to cruise the Archipelago?

If you did hope you had a wonderful time!

hi pukeolive

we are docked at Frihaemnen (sp?)

we did cruise the archipelago and it was breathtakingly beautiful!!!622905db971adbe4cb3a82df6cef39e9.jpg

the pics do not do the landscape justice.

in stockholm we visited gamla stan and the ice bar. wonderful day.

so one of you asked about galaxy. it is a sushi bar now and I have taken a pic of the menu which I will inser later. reminds

me of the sushi place on meraviglia and seaside.

the dining experience menu is the black card dinner. you can replace items with a la carte items for 50 %.

we only got an invitation for one dinner (2 black cards in the cabin)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Yesterday was our first Sea Day.

We started off with ordering breakfast. Unfortunately it was really cold and cloudy so we could not eat on the balcony :-(

The offerings for breakfast are quite basic - continental breakfast plus waffels, pancakes, salmon.

After breakfast we went to play cards in the top sail lounge. It is so nice to just sit there, watch the sea, sip colourful drinks and relax... For Lunch we went to the restaurant.

I had a decent cesar’s salad and pasta.

Although the salad seems always fresh, it does not really taste that good due to the missing dressing. They do give you vinigar and olive oil but that does not really do it for me...

I do prefer the salads at the one pool. Great choice and 3 different dressings to chose from.

In the arfternoon we relaxed in the cabin and on the balcony and then started to get ready for our first formal night.

The menu was wonderful. I had the lobster bisque, king prawn skewer and a birthday cake, btw: happy birthday to me ;-)

The waiters and the maitre d’ were really sweet: they sang and applauded. As I am a rather shy person, those are situations that I don’t fully enjoy but I found it so nice and thoughtful.

When we came back to the cabin our butlerette had decorated it and our VC-Presents were waiting for us along with a bottle of Prosecco and strawberries.

We went to the tsl to play a little more cards and have some more of those delicious cocktails and then went to bed quite late.

I am a little sad that they discontinued the Molecular-Cocktails in the TSL. BUt I still manage to find something to my liking :-)

plucasana- can you confirm that YC guests have Deluxe drinks package included in their plan? Seems to be some discussion/ confusion with this when calling MSC reservations- they say "classic package only" but passengers onboard say it is "deluxe". Thank you.

Hello! We will make the same cruise next week, departing from Kiel.

Will you please tell me, the ship arrives at port Frihaemnen in Stockholm, is that correct? Because we have friends there who want to show us the city and will wait us at the port, but as I know there are two ports there and I\m not sure which one is ours.

Shuttle bus is always a good choice, if you don\t want to waste time, good to hear that there is one in Copenhagen. Did you have a shuttle also in Stockholm and what was the price?

Thanks

plucasana- can you confirm that YC guests have Deluxe drinks package included in their plan? Seems to be some discussion/ confusion with this when calling MSC reservations- they say "classic package only" but passengers onboard say it is "deluxe". Thank you.

definitely deluxe. everything included (even with ONE *)

Hello! We will make the same cruise next week, departing from Kiel.

Will you please tell me, the ship arrives at port Frihaemnen in Stockholm, is that correct? Because we have friends there who want to show us the city and will wait us at the port, but as I know there are two ports there and I\m not sure which one is ours.

Shuttle bus is always a good choice, if you don\t want to waste time, good to hear that there is one in Copenhagen. Did you have a shuttle also in Stockholm and what was the price?

Thanks

frihaemnen is correct.

you are right. I forgot ro say:

we used the shuttle bus today. price was 13,90€ (a/k).

Would you please check if the Sports Bar has any other Draught beer apart from Heineken that is not Premium that is it does not have an asterisk '*' next to it on the Bar Menu thanks? We're interested to know if Heineken is the only included draught beer on the whole ship. Thanks in advance.