Private Tours on the Mainland

CreoleCruisin

We will be in Cozumel for 1 day by way of a cruise ship. Arrival 7:00am; Depart 4:30pm We are wanting to go to the mainland and book a private tour. Do you all recommend this? Has anyone ever done this? If so, what company did you use and what did you do?

Nope -- too much to do on Cozumel to spend time taking the ferry back and forth to Playa del Carmen. What tour are you looking at? :confused: If you want to see the Mayan ruins at Tulum, Coba, etc. I would only book through the cruise line.

Nope -- too much to do on Cozumel to spend time taking the ferry back and forth to Playa del Carmen. What tour are you looking at? :confused: If you want to see the Mayan ruins at Tulum, Coba, etc. I would only book through the cruise line.

Hi JohninDC! I am not sure which tour company to look at. I hadn't found much that would cater to the short time span we will be there. We have visited Tulum previously through the cruise ship. Wish we had more of a private guide and tour to learn more so to speak...if there is anything more to learn! LOL! I do not mind going to Tulum again.

In Cozumel, we have experienced a private tour that included San Gervasio, shopping, the "wild side" through sightseeing only, lunch at Coconuts ( I would have preferred a spot with more locals, but it was a beautiful scenery), and a dip at the beach...I do not remember which one.

Anything else cultural to experience in Coz? We are not limited to just coming to the mainland. We would be fine either way, but I do not care for most of the excursions offered from the ship.

Thanks!

Hi JohninDC! I am not sure which tour company to look at. I hadn't found much that would cater to the short time span we will be there. We have visited Tulum previously through the cruise ship. Wish we had more of a private guide and tour to learn more so to speak...if there is anything more to learn! LOL! I do not mind going to Tulum again.

In Cozumel, we have experienced a private tour that included San Gervasio, shopping, the "wild side" through sightseeing only, lunch at Coconuts ( I would have preferred a spot with more locals, but it was a beautiful scenery), and a dip at the beach...I do not remember which one.

Anything else cultural to experience in Coz? We are not limited to just coming to the mainland. We would be fine either way, but I do not care for most of the excursions offered from the ship.

Thanks!

I haven’t been to either but maybe google Mayan village on transversal road or Kun Che park near El Cedral, both réplica Mayan villages with tastings, dancers etc. and see if they interest?

Otherwise Punta Sur, one of the chocolate factories, Cozumel Chef tour to local eateries, or photo tour downtown.

I haven’t been to either but maybe google Mayan village on transversal road or Kun Che park near El Cedral, both réplica Mayan villages with tastings, dancers etc. and see if they interest?

Otherwise Punta Sur, one of the chocolate factories, Cozumel Chef tour to local eateries, or photo tour downtown.

This is GREAT info!!! Is Kun Che Park similar to Pueblo del Maiz? Which is better?

This is GREAT info!!! Is Kun Che Park similar to Pueblo del Maiz? Which is better?

Sorry can’t help with which is better as I haven’t been to either. I had forgotten the name of the one on transversal but yes, it is Pueblo del Maíz. As far as I know they are both replica villages. I am not sure why there are two, or what the differences are.

There appear to be different levels of tours to KunChe

http://www.kunchepark.com/servicios/

Please report back if you visit either - I am considering one for a future trip with grandchildren and haven’t read many reviews on here.

I have been to the original chocolate factory and the photo tour.