British Isles Explorer cruise

moatenote

We're trying to decide on our next cruise and are looking at the British Isles Explorer. We'd appreciate any information from folks who've been on this one. (or the Australia/New Zealand one). So many choices!!!

I think you will find the first Australia - New Zealand cruise is in December 2018. The World Cruise visited both countries recently so you may pick up some information from the world cruise thread. But yes, so many tempting itineraries to choose from.

• 5 weeks later...
I think you will find the first Australia - New Zealand cruise is in December 2018. The World Cruise visited both countries recently so you may pick up some information from the world cruise thread. But yes, so many tempting itineraries to choose from.

We sail on the British Isles Explorer Aug 25th (after our Edinburgh extension). The NZ/Australia was booked for 2019 so we have booked for March 2020. Can't wait for both!

We booked the British Isles cruise for July 14, 2019 and even splurged for a PV2 (I think we'll enjoy the extra space for a 2-week cruise). Getting ready for our Empire of the Mediterranean next month and then the Eastern Seaboard in October. (oh well, the grandkids don't really need an inheritance, right??)

We booked the British Isles cruise for July 14, 2019 and even splurged for a PV2 (I think we'll enjoy the extra space for a 2-week cruise). Getting ready for our Empire of the Mediterranean next month and then the Eastern Seaboard in October. (oh well, the grandkids don't really need an inheritance, right??)

The technical term for this is "ski."

We sail on the British Isles Explorer Aug 25th (after our Edinburgh extension). The NZ/Australia was booked for 2019 so we have booked for March 2020. Can't wait for both!

We also booked the Australia/New Zealand for March 2020. We leave on British Isles Explorer May 4, 2018. Can't wait either!

• 1 month later...
We also booked the Australia/New Zealand for March 2020. We leave on British Isles Explorer May 4, 2018. Can't wait either!

mathtutor101: How was your May 4 cruise? My husband and I have just started looking at the British Isles Explorer.

Has anyone done the post or pre-extension in Edinburgh? We want to book a tour to Stirling Castle but do not know what the timeframe would be as I know there are 4 tours included in the extension. Thanks so much, would appreciate it.

Has anyone done the post or pre-extension in Edinburgh? We want to book a tour to Stirling Castle but do not know what the timeframe would be as I know there are 4 tours included in the extension. Thanks so much, would appreciate it.

Not sure about tours, but Edinburgh to Stirling is only about 40 miles by road. Once out of Edinburgh it is motorway most of the way. If hiring a car, stick to the speed limits as speed cameras abound.

You can also get frequent direct trains from Edinburgh Waverley, taking probably less than an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
I did email Viking and she explained the 3 nights and 4 tours. She doesn't know if admission to Edinburgh Castle is included but is to get back to us.

Viking did get back to us and admission to Edinburgh Castle is included. This is referring to pre-extension included Edinburgh tours.