Drinks on Us now on ALL sailings?

XLVIII

I was checking my May 2019 Mediterranean cruise today and noticed that it listed the Drinks on Us package as one of our benefits (we booked a Bella balcony room). I looked at some other Mediterranean, Northern European and Dubai cruises for next year as well and they also list Drinks on Us as a benefit for all categories. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a mistake?

You would think that if MSC was offering this now they'd make a bigger deal of it.

AF1QipNrVHRSIMpfbKxgMDfr5nKkhPMmxK11jEHFrLrP

1742795605_ScreenShot2018-07-14at3_31_56PM.png.d607cf0258e9d78ef1182d3993fce30c.png

Can you tell me where you saw this on your booking, I did book with the drink package and I have not been able to see this on my booking. Thanks

It appears on the website midway down on the page listing my booking under 'Cabin'.

I was checking my May 2019 Mediterranean cruise today and noticed that it listed the Drinks on Us package as one of our benefits (we booked a Bella balcony room). I looked at some other Mediterranean, Northern European and Dubai cruises for next year as well and they also list Drinks on Us as a benefit for all categories. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a mistake?

You would think that if MSC was offering this now they'd make a bigger deal of it.

It's on there web site.

My Summer 2019 Armonia sailing has the same picture as the attached thumbnail. My fear is that mysterious asterisk. Anyone have any information on that?

This must just be for travellers from the US/Canada as on the UK site they are offering an included Tea, Coffee and water package - at meal times only!

Quite misleading as initially it says - 'drinks package included' but its only when you click on the icon that it tells you it's Coffee etc., and it says it's for UK & Ireland guests only.

This must just be for travellers from the US/Canada as on the UK site they are offering an included Tea, Coffee and water package - at meal times only!

Quite misleading as initially it says - 'drinks package included' but its only when you click on the icon that it tells you it's Coffee etc., and it says it's for UK & Ireland guests only.

A lot of cruises being offered (in Ireland, anyway) also have the Restaurant & Bar all-inclusive drinks package included in balcony cabin bookings, which has been the situation for the last couple of years. (IIRC, the Cheers package - now known as the Mealtime drinks package - used to be included in a lot of OceanView bookings).

Lovetoholiday ... You are so right about MSC misleading UK cruisers over the "drink package" they are certainly stiffing UK customers.

They were offering an alcohol drink package and internet for the Divina Xmas cruise this year which they have now removed and replaced it with the Tea, Coffee and Water nonsense.

It would also seem that USA customers are being given the 5+15% discount for this same cruise!

Lovetoholiday ... You are so right about MSC misleading UK cruisers over the "drink package" they are certainly stiffing UK customers.

They were offering an alcohol drink package and internet for the Divina Xmas cruise this year which they have now removed and replaced it with the Tea, Coffee and Water nonsense.

It would also seem that USA customers are being given the 5+15% discount for this same cruise!

When we booked our Sept Northern Europe cruise in the UK the included drink package wasnt available. Shortly after booking it was then being offered on fantastica balcony and above but the price increased by nearly £250 each so not really free at all as the package is only £160 for the week!

We seem to get a raw deal here in the UK compared to US where they get a lot of offers with most of the cruiselines.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

My Summer 2019 Armonia sailing has the same picture as the attached thumbnail. My fear is that mysterious asterisk. Anyone have any information on that?

We have the same thing now listed in our booking and we are inside Bella on Orchestra 30 Aug out of Warnemunde. I believe the asterisk is a hold over from the caribbean cruises where they list what is and isn't included in the "drinks on us" package. Has anyone called MSC or had their TA confirm that this package is now included?

My August cruise in the Caribbean says this now on my booking as well. I booked about a month before the drinks on us came out and prices had gone up when I checked about re-booking, so I just kept my original booking. It wouldn't have been worth the extra cost, as we don't spend very much on drinks. I was wondering about the asterisk as well. If they let us have the package, great - if not, oh well. We'll see on our upcoming cruise.

We booked the Fantastica experience so our July 2019 Greek Isle cruise is showing "Drinks on Us or 12 vouchers ***". If you do a mock booking you can look at the details for the experience and see that the *** simply are an indicator to visit www(.)mscdrinksonus(.)com for details. When you go to the site, all the information is referring to Caribbean sailing.

When we booked, our TA was told that the vouchers would be replaced by something but they didn't have any details then. Guess I'll be asking her to get clarification for us. As long as they don't tell her that the bookings need to be repriced, this will be a nice little bonus since it would mean upgrading to the All-Incl. premium package would be less than what I was budgeting if we had to buy the All-Incl. classic package.

I called MSC. The agent said that my booking already had another promotion applied, so we were not getting the drinks package.

What was the other promotion? We have water at dinner and that is it, we won't be very happy if that is the promotion

I called MSC. The agent said that my booking already had another promotion applied, so we were not getting the drinks package.

Sorry should have asked you this in my previous post but did you or do you have the "Drinks on us*" listed in your booking under Cabin Details.

We booked the Fantastica experience so our July 2019 Greek Isle cruise is showing "Drinks on Us or 12 vouchers ***". If you do a mock booking you can look at the details for the experience and see that the *** simply are an indicator to visit www(.)mscdrinksonus(.)com for details. When you go to the site, all the information is referring to Caribbean sailing.

When we booked, our TA was told that the vouchers would be replaced by something but they didn't have any details then. Guess I'll be asking her to get clarification for us. As long as they don't tell her that the bookings need to be repriced, this will be a nice little bonus since it would mean upgrading to the All-Incl. premium package would be less than what I was budgeting if we had to buy the All-Incl. classic package.

Our's says the same. "Drinks on Us or 12 Vouchers***" and we are booked fantastica too. Whichever way this falls, I'm fine. But I will be disappointed if I paid extra for the fantastica and in the end Bella ends up with Drinks on Us.

Just checked my booking again and now any mention of the Drinks on Us package has been removed. Also don't see it listed on any other Mediterranean cruises I price out. Looks like it was a mistake. :(

Just checked my booking again and now any mention of the Drinks on Us package has been removed. Also don't see it listed on any other Mediterranean cruises I price out. Looks like it was a mistake. :(

I noticed that too, plus it seems there were quite a few gremlins running the MSC web-site today. At one point our sailing disappeared completely.

If they do introduce the "Drinks on Us" as the replacement for the vouchers, I'm not sure if MSC is going to expect that existing reservations get repriced in order to get the package or not.

Assuming they do, I ran the numbers between the price we booked at just a couple of months ago and now, and for us it wouldn't make sense. Our price plus 5 deluxe packages is basically the same as what the current price is plus the upgrade cost for 5. If that's the case, I'll probably stick with the classic pkg. There's enough there to keep us hydrated. :halo:

Gone on mine as well. Not only that but it tells me I have Bella benefits when I booked fantastica. What a mess.

Gone on mine as well. Not only that but it tells me I have Bella benefits when I booked fantastica. What a mess.

Without the 12 drink vouchers, or some kind of drink pkg. replacement there is very little difference between the two experiences. My booking shows that I get all the Bella benefits + Free Room Service, Preferred Dining Time, and Ideal Stateroom Location. Big whoops. :rolleyes: