My Seaview review

pappahbuttz

It took a bit to be put up, but here is my review of my Med cruise on the new MSC Seaview. Was my first cruise with MSC, and thanks to this site and the posts of others it was even more enjoyable. It was not 100% perfect, but I was not expecting it to be. All in all it was an excellent time and I would recommend it without any hesitation.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=625312&et_cid=3110946&et_rid=252285098&et_referrer=Boards%20-%20CC-UK

Edited by pappahbuttz
add link

Thank you for your mainly positive review. As I'm sailing on the Seaview in 17 days time I'm eagerly reading any information I can get. Unfortunately there have been a number of negative reviews, particularly around embarkation and service.

We will be in YC....did you happen to notice the price of the cabanas ?

You mention in your review where you ate breakfast and dinner but nothing about lunch. Was there a grill/buffet on the One Pool Deck for lunch? Could you eat breakfast there if you wished ?

I hope you don't mind me asking questions....there have to date been so few on this board that have sailed on Seaview.

Thank you.

Hello, and I do not mind any questions in any way. Had I not have seen this website and asked questions, I would have not have enjoyed my cruise as much as I did! Firstly, there is always some negative things as no cruise is perfect. I always keep an open mind and expect some things to be less than perfect. Embarkation can be a zoo, but with Yacht Club it mas MUCH easier. My biggest issue was the face that people arriving in the port of Messina were not even allowed to go inside the terminal and had to wait on the sidewalk in the sun. Didn't take long and the sidewalk looked and felt like a refugee camp. It was difficult as there was no shade and it was very hot and sunny. I took all my bags and went across the road to a cafe that was not yet open and manages to find a table in the shade. As for the service on ship and in YC, I have no complaint at all! The crew were all professional, friendly and really seem to be genuinely caring!

The ship is in one word beautiful! not perfect, but no ship is! I did not see the price of the cabanas. The YC sun deck is really a beautiful haven and well layed out. There is covered areas if you want to eat out of the sun, and tables in the sun if you prefer. The pool and whirlpools are beautiful and never seemed crowded at all. The other pools were busy but didn't seem to be too bad at all. The buffet is amazing and food was excellent. On occasion things got a little confused when you place a meat order and what you want to have with it ie veggies etc. and they say they will bring it out to you, but not a big deal. The service was great and the orders came out relativity quickly!

I didn't eat a single lunch in the YC restaurant as I was on excursions etc so I ate lunch at the YC buffet or in one of the other buffets on ship (which can get very busy and loud at times). I believe you can eat breakfast out there as well, but I ate it in the YC restaurant.

Please do not worry about the negative reviews, I am pretty sure you are going to really enjoy the cruise. Please feel free to ask anything you wish!

Glad you enjoyed the review. I had to mention the F1 issue as I am a huge F1 fan and the simulator is simply amazing and one becomes quite competitive very quickly and when the good Capt Scala gets on the intercom and it really disrupts the experience, and for the price of it, it was not one of MSC's finest moments lol!

How much is the F1 and cinema?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I don't know the costs now (IIRC they were somewhere in the region of €8 on other ships), but you can buy a 'Fun Pass' - the prices are indicated in the following photo of a daily planner from Seaview, under the 'Others', then 'All the fun you can handle' headings :

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180715/1fc3ac1646321adc14292e2d001601f6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...