Many questions

axio99

I will be departing on a Celebrity Infinity in May for Alaska and had chosen a Concierge Class cabin on the right side of the cabin (what's the name for the right side anyway?) and hope to be able to see many beautiful sceneries from my balcony.

I have few questions :

- Given that I had already pre-paid my gratuities, will I still have to tip if I order room service breakfast? Very keen to try this since I have read CC cabins get extended breakfast menu

- Following the above questions, since I will be getting afternoon hors d'ouvres as part of my package, again do I have to tip?

- If we will like to have some healthier meals, like the Lean selection or Low Sodium, etc meals on some days, do I have to write to Celebrity to inform them prior to my trip or I can tell them on the cruise itself on the day I wanted such meals?

- can i assume finger foods or meals at all restaurants are inclusive except for the speciality restaurants?

- I am departing from Seattle, is it possible to walk from the Space Needle to Pier 66?

- Will I be receiving an on-boarding documents and luggage tags weeks before my trip? I live overseas, will Celebrity mailed them to me?

- On our last day, the disembarkation is listed as 6 am, will I still be able to grab breakfast before disembarking?

- What are the T-pools that I hear about for M-class ship?

- Are the pools heated? Is there a closing time for the use of the pool facilities?

- Are there any free saunas available on the cruise?

Thanks alot

I will be departing on a Celebrity Infinity in May for Alaska and had chosen a Concierge Class cabin on the right side of the cabin (what's the name for the right side anyway?) and hope to be able to see many beautiful sceneries from my balcony.

The right side of the ship is the starboard side; the left side is the port side. Easy way to remember: "Port" and "Left" are both 4 letter words. (And of course you have to know which way you're facing -- towards the front of the ship or the rear).

You'll surely see a lot from your balcony -- or from any of the open decks on the ship, where you might be able to hear a naturalist explain what you're seeing, and who will watch for animals like whales and such, and point them out to the passengers. We rarely spend any time in our cabins or on our balcony when we go to Alaska. Too much to do out on the deck!

I have few questions :

- Given that I had already pre-paid my gratuities, will I still have to tip if I order room service breakfast? Very keen to try this since I have read CC cabins get extended breakfast menu

You don't HAVE to tip, but a small tip is customary. If you're getting a full meal, then $3-$5

- Following the above questions, since I will be getting afternoon hors d'ouvres as part of my package, again do I have to tip?

Same here

- If we will like to have some healthier meals, like the Lean selection or Low Sodium, etc meals on some days, do I have to write to Celebrity to inform them prior to my trip or I can tell them on the cruise itself on the day I wanted such meals?

These meals are usually simply indicated on the menu you'll receive when you go to dinner. There'll be a note of some kind. For example, "heart healthy meals" are often indicated with a small red heart.

You'll get a menu with all the courses available to you as part of your fare. You can order anything off the menu, and even quantities of the same thing. For example, if a certain appetizer is particularly appealing, you can order more than one.

- can i assume finger foods or meals at all restaurants are inclusive except for the speciality restaurants?

Yes. Again, anything on the menu, from appetizers to desserts, are inclusive. That's true for the main dining room, the buffet, and depending on your particular ship, some other casual dining venues (most lines have a cafe type restaurant, and/or a pizza restaurant).

If you're ever in doubt, just ask. They'll gladly tell you if there will be a surcharge to eat there (as there is in the specialty restaurants), and then you can just walk away. Otherwise, all the food on the buffet is part of your fare, too.

- I am departing from Seattle, is it possible to walk from the Space Needle to Pier 66?

- Will I be receiving an on-boarding documents and luggage tags weeks before my trip? I live overseas, will Celebrity mailed them to me? Boarding documents and luggage tags should be available on line, at the Celebrity site. I don't think they're mailing them to anyone. Did you book through a travel agent? The agent might have access to these, if you don't. Otherwise, if you have your booking number, go to the Celebrity site and see if you can't enter the information and access that yourself.

- On our last day, the disembarkation is listed as 6 am, will I still be able to grab breakfast before disembarking?

Is disembarkation listed as 6 a.m...or arrival in port? Two different things! Usually the latest you can remain on board is around 10 o'clock, so there'll be time for a bit of breakfast. But you'll find everyone pretty hurried, either rushing to get things cleaned for the next passengers, or rushing to get off the ship and catch airline flights, so having a leisurely meal probably isn't an option.

- What are the T-pools that I hear about for M-class ship?

- Are the pools heated? Is there a closing time for the use of the pool facilities?

- Are there any free saunas available on the cruise?

Thanks alot

I've not cruised on Celebrity, nor out of WAshington, so can't offer my opinions about the rest of it!

Have a great cruise!

The T-pools are wonderful. I can't tell you what they put in them but, there are all sorts of minerals, very warm and relaxing. Saunas are available and free. The pools, can't recall the closing times but, they do close late in the evening. The T-pool is the only heated pool. If you are getting hors d' ouevres as part of your package, they will probably be delivered by your butler on a daily basis and you can tip the butler accordingly at the end of the cruise or, it will be part of the auto tips. We also tip for room service. You will not be disembarking at 6 am. The ship has to be cleared and all luggage removed for customs. Usually the first passengers will start disembarking about 7:30 or 8 am.

Yes, lean selections are on the menu and from what I recall, they also had a separate vegetarian menu as well as options to have grilled chicken, fish or steak and side items such as baked potatoes.

Archived