Theme Cruises
Exchange info about the hot new trend of theme cruising!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:51 PM.
Sydney AUSTRALIA
180 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by bryjohn
Can anyone please tell me if they have nude cruises out of the uk, and what is a good company to book with

Don't know for sure on cruises from the UK but we're on one out of Rome in 2015 on a 5 masted clipper.

Search for bare necessities tour and travel. You'll find genuine nude cruises, rather than "lifestyle" cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regards
Kim & Peter (VK2US)

Webpage: http://vk2us.id.au
Gallery: http://images.vk2us.id.au/

Tennessee
623 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Royal Caribbean:

08/2014 Allure of the Seas

06/2013 Oasis of the Seas

04/2005 Sovereign of the Seas

Carnival:

10/2017 Liberty
Near Orlando but California Dreaming
14,321 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Originally posted by MandyMooToo
Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises...
April 2014--Paul Gauguin to French Polynesia
June 2012--Windstar Wind Surf Back-To-Back, Rome to Venice to Athens
October 2011--Disney Dream Bahamas
October 2005--RCCL Mariner Western Caribbean
August 2002--Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean

Three weeks in Europe (two on a ship) with a 20" roll aboard and a tote bag--packing list here.
My all in a 20" wheeled bag for a warm weather cruise packing list here
20" rolling bag packing list for two weeks in a cool/cold climate here.
Tennessee
623 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by ducklite
No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.
Thank you for the response!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Royal Caribbean:

Carnival:

10/2017 Liberty
Stamford, CT
51 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
All of the French Islands have nude beaches. The south half of Orient Beach on St Marten by The Orient Beach Club is full nude. There are five other nude beaches on St Marten that are more secluded. Some are on the Dutch side, St Maartin.
On St Thomas Little Magens Bay is nude but not legal. From Magens Bay Beach walk to the right keeping the bay on your left for a quarter mile. At high tide you'll be walking in waist deep water.
Take the BNT nude cruise in February 2015. It will be a tour of the French Islands and it's nude beaches.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Triumph - 9/2009
Carnival Dream - 11/2009
Carnival Miracle - 4/2010
Queen Mary 2 - 9/2010
Explorer of the Seas - 12/2010
Norwegian Gem - 3/2011
Carnival Miracle - 4/2011
Oceania Regatta - 10/2011
Celebrity Silhouette - 1/2012
Explorer of the Seas - 5/ 2012
Queen Mary 2 - 12/2012
Carnival Freedom 2/2013
Freedom of the Seas 10/2013
Carnival Splendor 12/2013
Nude Amsterdam 2/2014
Queen Mary 2 9/2014
Independence of the Seas 11/2014
Celebrity Constellation 2/2015
Celebrity Constellation 2/2016
MSC Divina 4/2016
Celebrity Silhouette 11/2016
Carnival Pride 2/2017

Celebrity Equinox 9/2017
Carnival Victory 2/2018

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
Tennessee
623 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by Sailor208
All of the French Islands have nude beaches. The south half of Orient Beach on St Marten by The Orient Beach Club is full nude. There are five other nude beaches on St Marten that are more secluded. Some are on the Dutch side, St Maartin.
On St Thomas Little Magens Bay is nude but not legal. From Magens Bay Beach walk to the right keeping the bay on your left for a quarter mile. At high tide you'll be walking in waist deep water.
Take the BNT nude cruise in February 2015. It will be a tour of the French Islands and it's nude beaches.
Thank you for the info! I will google the February cruise for details.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Royal Caribbean:

Carnival:

10/2017 Liberty
10 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Orient Beach on St. Martin is clothing optional (Google for details). Years ago, we sunbathed nude at the north shore beaches in the National Park on St. John's, USVI (a short ferry ride from St. Thomas). It is my understanding that the park rangers have been discouraging this lately (Google search). If so, that is unfortunate, it is lovely there.
34 Posts
Joined May 2014
All of the French Islands (like all of France) allow for topless sunbathing everywhere. This is true in Saint Martin, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Les Saintes, Saint Barth, but also French Polynesia, the south of France, Normandy coast, etc. This also applies to hotel pools.

As one poster described, nude bathing is allowed on Saint Martin at several beaches. Also in Martinique, Guadeloupe and Les Saintes. It is not allowed but frequently practiced and tolerated in Saint Barth, at Salines, Gouverneur and Colombier beaches.

Some other Carribean also have nude and/or topless beaches -- Jamaica, Antigua, to name a few.
South Florida
157 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Club Orient @ Orient Beach is full nude. Private beach - no vendors. Was there 1/2016. $20 for 2 chaises & umbrella.
Edmonton, AB, Canada
43 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by MandyMooToo
IF you happen to book one of the Full Ship Lifestyle Takeovers (That regularly use RCCL, Celebrity and now MSC Divina) you can be naked on deck when not in port!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Freedom of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean, Nov. 2012
RCCL Liberty of the Seas, Mediterranean, Sept. 2013
Celebrity Century, LA to Mexican Riviera, May, 2014
Norwegian Dawn, N'Orleans to Honduras, Dec, 2014
Celebrity Constellation, Western Caribbean, Nov. 2015
Celebrity Sihlouette, Western Caribbean, Nov. 2015
MSC Divina, Bermuda, April 2016
MSC Divina, Eastern Caribbean, April 2016
Celebrity Reflection, Western Caribbean, April 2017
Oceania Marina, Lima - Papeete 18 Day, January 2018
RCCL Freedom Of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean, November 2018

Stamford, CT
51 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
In St Thomas Little Magins Bay is a nude beach.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Triumph - 9/2009
Carnival Dream - 11/2009
Carnival Miracle - 4/2010
Queen Mary 2 - 9/2010
Explorer of the Seas - 12/2010
Norwegian Gem - 3/2011
Carnival Miracle - 4/2011
Oceania Regatta - 10/2011
Celebrity Silhouette - 1/2012
Explorer of the Seas - 5/ 2012
Queen Mary 2 - 12/2012
Carnival Freedom 2/2013
Freedom of the Seas 10/2013
Carnival Splendor 12/2013
Nude Amsterdam 2/2014
Queen Mary 2 9/2014
Independence of the Seas 11/2014
Celebrity Constellation 2/2015
Celebrity Constellation 2/2016
MSC Divina 4/2016
Celebrity Silhouette 11/2016
Carnival Pride 2/2017

Celebrity Equinox 9/2017
Carnival Victory 2/2018

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
Boston, MA, USA
305 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by GoodtimesCandC
IF you happen to book one of the Full Ship Lifestyle Takeovers (That regularly use RCCL, Celebrity and now MSC Divina) you can be naked on deck when not in port!!

But the original question was about nude cruises, not swingers cruises. Bare Necessities runs true nudist cruises, where you can be nude anywhere on the ship other than the MDR when not in port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
Sep 1997 (Carnival Jubilee: Mexican Riviera) Sep 2000 (RCCL Enchantment of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean) May 2001 (RCCL Voyager of the Seas: Western Caribbean)
Sep 2002 (RCCL Grandeur of the Seas: Mexican Riviera) Sep 2003 (Norwegian Majesty: Canada / New England) Sep 2004 (Norwegian Majesty: Bermuda)
Sep 2006 (RCCL Adventure of the Seas: Southern Caribbean
Sep 2007 (Carnival Pride: Mexican Riviera) Sep 2008 (RCCL Enchantment of the Seas: Western Caribbean)
Sep 2009 (Carnival Pride: Bahamas) Sep 2010 (HAL Rotterdam: Alaska Inside Passage) Sep 2011 (Norwegian Dawn: Bermuda)
Feb 2013 (Carnival Freedom: BNB charter to Cozumel, Costa Rica & Panama)

Feb 2015 (Celebrity Constellation: BNB charter to Coco Cay, St. Barths, Guadeloupe & St. Martin) Sep 2016 (RCCL Adventure of the Seas: Southern Caribbean)
Feb 2017 (Carnival Pride: BNB charter to Key West, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk & Dominican Republic) Sep 2017 - RCCL Jewel of the Seas: Greek Islands
Feb 2018 (Carnival Victory: BNB charter to Half Moon Cay, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao)
UK
10 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by Clodia
As a lifelong naturist who also loves cruising I really fancy a Bare Necessities cruise. What about going solo? I am not looking for romance, I am happily married but I now cruise solo when textile as my husband doesn't like cruises and my daughter is now about to go off to university. We have our final cruise together on the Oriana booked after her A levels.
Yes, would love to cruise naked,as I too am a lifelong naturist and cruise regularly with my wife, who doesn't share my naturist passion unfortunately.She is happy for me to practise naturism and I will sunbath naked whenever possible on our balcony when cruising. We will also visit clothing optional beaches when we visit different parts of the world, but she stays covered. What a pity you and I couldn't book a naked cruise together to share our dream. We have just come back from the Med cruising on the Independence of the Seas, so know Southampton well.
South Florida
157 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by delandmo
Yes, would love to cruise naked,as I too am a lifelong naturist and cruise regularly with my wife, who doesn't share my naturist passion unfortunately.She is happy for me to practise naturism and I will sunbath naked whenever possible on our balcony when cruising. We will also visit clothing optional beaches when we visit different parts of the world, but she stays covered. What a pity you and I couldn't book a naked cruise together to share our dream. We have just come back from the Med cruising on the Independence of the Seas, so know Southampton well.
My wife too will not bare it all. We go to Blind Creek Beach (a C/O beach) on Florida's Treasure Coast a few times a week - sometimes I go without her. We are in our 70's. She has body issues - three C sections. We used to go skinny dipping with her sister and friends when we were in our 20's. We always take a cruise that stops in Saint Martin so we can go to Club Orient for the day.
Brooklyn, NY
987 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
I never had sunbathed nude or even topless but had a desire to do so for several years. However just never got a chance to do so. This year I am planning to make that happen.

I am going on a cruise in the end of December that stops at St. Marteen, going to visit Orient Beach and go to the nude portion of the beach.

I travel solo, so I am a bit hesitant to go there alone. Hopefully I will meet some people on the cruise who want to give it a try as I do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
3 Princess
3 Royal Caribbean
12 Carnival(interestingly enough least favorite line)
8 NCL (my go to from now on) Best deals for solos.
Boston, MA, USA
305 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
The Bare Necessities cruises are clothing optional, so someone uncomfortable being nude doesn't have to participate. You have to be clothed in the main dining room, so there are always clothed people around on the ship to blend in with. And I am sure there are some spouses that remain clothed the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
Sep 1997 (Carnival Jubilee: Mexican Riviera) Sep 2000 (RCCL Enchantment of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean) May 2001 (RCCL Voyager of the Seas: Western Caribbean)
Sep 2002 (RCCL Grandeur of the Seas: Mexican Riviera) Sep 2003 (Norwegian Majesty: Canada / New England) Sep 2004 (Norwegian Majesty: Bermuda)
Sep 2007 (Carnival Pride: Mexican Riviera) Sep 2008 (RCCL Enchantment of the Seas: Western Caribbean)
Sep 2009 (Carnival Pride: Bahamas) Sep 2010 (HAL Rotterdam: Alaska Inside Passage) Sep 2011 (Norwegian Dawn: Bermuda)

Feb 2015 (Celebrity Constellation: BNB charter to Coco Cay, St. Barths, Guadeloupe & St. Martin) Sep 2016 (RCCL Adventure of the Seas: Southern Caribbean)
Feb 2017 (Carnival Pride: BNB charter to Key West, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk & Dominican Republic) Sep 2017 - RCCL Jewel of the Seas: Greek Islands
Feb 2018 (Carnival Victory: BNB charter to Half Moon Cay, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao)
South Florida
157 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by cruiseelady
I never had sunbathed nude or even topless but had a desire to do so for several years. However just never got a chance to do so. This year I am planning to make that happen.

I am going on a cruise in the end of December that stops at St. Marteen, going to visit Orient Beach and go to the nude portion of the beach.

I travel solo, so I am a bit hesitant to go there alone. Hopefully I will meet some people on the cruise who want to give it a try as I do.

Go to Club Orient - it's a private club on Orient Beach - facing the water, it's on your extreme right - and you won't get hassled by vendors. We were there in January and paid $20 for two chassis's & an umbrella. There are restaurants if you want to grab a bite to eat. We'll be there in December too - on the MSC Davina. If you're ever in Florida, there is Blind Creek Beach (Google it) on South Hutchinson Island on the Treasure Coast. C/O, friendly people, quiet. We go at least once a week.
Boston, MA, USA
305 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

Palm Bay FL and Princeton NJ
1,060 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
[quote=JohnnyCruiser;50595610]The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

I love this restaurant. First time I went it was strange sitting in a restaurant naked as most places don't allow this. Loved it! Not the best food in the world but the atmosphere made up for it. Going back on my 08/28 cruise and can't wait. Enjoy!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CC, Horizon-12/03

RCCL, Empress -10/04

PCL, Diamond-02/05

CCL, Inspiration -09/05

RCCL, Mariner-05/06

CC, Century-01/07

PCL, Crown-04/07

CCL, Liberty-11/07
RCCL, Explorer-08/08
Oceania, Insignia-11/08
CCL, Destiny-08/09
RCCL, Mariner-10/09 (Atlantis)
RCCL, Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
RCCL, Monarch-03/10
RCCL, Monarch-07/10
CC, Equinox-08/10 (Atlantis)
RCCL, Freedom-02/2012
Regent; Mariner- 10/12
RCCL, Jewel-12/12
RCCL, Jewel-12/12 b2b
RCCL, Independence-12/13
RCCL, Enchantment- 01/14
RCCL, Legend; TA- 04/14
RCCL, Freedom; 10/14
CC, Infinity (Alaska)-05/2015
RCCL, Serenade Holiday Cruise; 12/15
DCL Dream: 05/16
RCCL, Allure; 08/16

RCCL, Serenade Holiday; 12/16
RCCL, Empress-04/17
RCCL; Adventure; 08/17
CC; Reflection; 11/17
CCL; Liberty; 12/17

Boston, MA, USA
305 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
[quote=Surfguyxxx;50614549]
Originally posted by JohnnyCruiser
The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

I love this restaurant. First time I went it was strange sitting in a restaurant naked as most places don't allow this. Loved it! Not the best food in the world but the atmosphere made up for it. Going back on my 08/28 cruise and can't wait. Enjoy!!!
The food was a lot better last year when we stayed at Club Orient for a week. The atmosphere is even better for dinner/dancing, but you won't get to see that when on a day trip from a cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises: