Matira Beach, Bora Bora

sgk2000

There was a gentleman there a year ago who had very few beach chair rentals, like 10. We were there about 9:30am and got some of the last few. The Intercontinental Moana is across the street and they do offer day passes- prob expensive but I'd do it. Really nice day there.

Wondering if anyone has been to Mitira Beach in Bora Bora recently. Trying to find out if there are beach chair rentals. We will be there in September 2018.

How far is this beach away from where we "dock" - we will be there in November.

Taxis to Matira beach are expensive, about $20 one way. If you can find someone to share with who agrees to leave at around the same time as you, it's a deal. There's Le Truck, but it is notoriously unpredictable.

You could probably post on your own cruise lines forum to see if you could find out if a shuttle is offered. I know my ship Wind Spirit doesn't and neither did Oceania.

One other thing. The Intercontinental Moana that I mentioned earlier across from Matira Beach offers a day pass for cruisers at their beach which adjoins Matira Beach. It's ridiculously expensive- $65 pp, and what you get is a beach towel and lunch both of which we can get on our ships. But its a pretty place and maybe something different.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was there a few weeks ago and there were a number of local drivers shuttling people back and forth to Matira Beach for $US5 each way. They left from outside the tourist info office at the tender pier.

Are there many vendors at the dock offering their lagoon tours, etc.? We would like to take a certain tour but they want all the money up front now. I don’t really want to pay up front at all these new ports for us. Thank you.

it's pretty standard to pay all upfront- maybe a deposit in some cases. Then again it's nice to get a discount by purchasing a tour from the dock. I figure particularly with Bora Bora it'll be a long time until I go back so I pre-book the best I can get early and pay the price. I chose Lagoon Service and Pure Snorkeling. They're pricey but have superb reputations.