18 or 21 drinking age enforced??

*pixie*

We will be in Cozumel on a Sunday, which eliminates Nachi Cocom and Mr. Sanchos. We will have a couple of college kids over 18, but under 21. We are looking at the Fury Catamaran excursion, which we have done before. It has to be booked through the cruise line and it lists 21 as the legal drinking age. Anyone know how closely they adhere to this?

I should probably just email Fury, but thought someone here might a quick answer.

And, if they strictly enforce it, any other ideas? Mostly looking for beach or catamaran time for a set fee, not pay as you go, that would let our under 21 kids have a few drinks.

Thanks so much!

We will be in Cozumel on a Sunday, which eliminates Nachi Cocom and Mr. Sanchos. We will have a couple of college kids over 18, but under 21. We are looking at the Fury Catamaran excursion, which we have done before. It has to be booked through the cruise line and it lists 21 as the legal drinking age. Anyone know how closely they adhere to this?

I should probably just email Fury, but thought someone here might a quick answer.

And, if they strictly enforce it, any other ideas? Mostly looking for beach or catamaran time for a set fee, not pay as you go, that would let our under 21 kids have a few drinks.

Thanks so much!

I don't think they will have a problem at all as I have read many posts stating the drinking age in Mexico is 18 or as long as you are tall enough o reach the bar. LOL

We did the Fury catamaran excursion a few years ago, me DH and son who is in 20s but looks younger. They never once asked for his ID. Mexico is 18, so if they do ask, just make sure everyone has their dr license. You need your dr license or photo ID to get back into the port area at Coz anyhow.

When we did a catamaran snorkel with RCCL ( a few yrs back) it was in Cozumel and they never asked or cared. They offered my 18 yr old AND my very tall 15 yr old. She just laughed and said Dad can I? Of course the answer was NO but they did offer! In Mexico they don't really seem to care. However they did not offer ANYONE drinks until AFTER the snokling!! It is a liability for them if you drink and THEN get into then water!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

A while back my 14 year old daughter ordered a virgin drink at the swim-up bar of an AI resort in Cancun. The bartender asked "Why no rum?" to which she responded "Because I am only 14." The bartender shrugged, and asked "So what? Are you driving anywhere?" :eek:

I suspect your 18 year old will have no issues being served.