Help please! Anthem of the Seas, Crown Princess or Holland America?

loriscot

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for some help on which cruiseline to choose for a Southern Caribbean cruise in February. We have done Disney and NCL, travelling just the two of us and are in our 40s. We like the itineraries on the Anthem of the Seas, Crown Princess and Holland America but just can't decide which one to go with. Any advise please?

If you like a variety of activities and are not opposed to families on board as well, I would suggest Anthem. Probably more like NCL and Disney of the three you mention. Never cruised Princess but I would thing the demographics might be similar, but not as many venues and activities as Anthem. Given your ages, HAL would be my last choice. Heck I'm measurably older than that and HAL would still be my last choice......;)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for some help on which cruiseline to choose for a Southern Caribbean cruise in February. We have done Disney and NCL, travelling just the two of us and are in our 40s. We like the itineraries on the Anthem of the Seas, Crown Princess and Holland America but just can't decide which one to go with. Any advise please?

"six of one" or "half dozen of the other." if you want something new, different and better, try changing cruise industry "segments" and move to premium or luxury lines.

Without knowing your interests it is impossible to provide an informed opinion. However, you mentioned having previously cruised Disney & NCL, so I suspect that the RCCL ship would be the closest.

Princess is very similar, but Crown Princess is a Super Grand Class - they took an excellent class of ship and added an additional deck of cabins to the same hull. Basically they added an additional 500 pax, so the ship is crowded.

HAL, while we still consider them a mainstream Line, at least their ships are somewhat smaller and have an older demographic.

Royal will likely be most similar to NCL.

Princess is our fav line but Allure was our fav ship.

I agree to drop HAL

We never noticed the Crown to be particularly crowded.

Personally I'd go Anthem

Where are you coming from? You do know the Anthem sails out of Cape Liberty, NJ, right? So if you are within 'driving range', that and NCL are your choices from New York ports in December. If you are going to fly...why go to NJ to sail to the Caribbean?

Better to fly directly to Florida or San Juan in that case...

Thanks for all your input folks, we are coming from Scotland and love New York so any excuse to leave from there :-) think we will go with the majority - Anthem of the Seas it is! We'll just have to fly in a few days before incase of any bad snow storms, thanks again!

Thanks for all your input folks, we are coming from Scotland and love New York so any excuse to leave from there :-) think we will go with the majority - Anthem of the Seas it is! We'll just have to fly in a few days before incase of any bad snow storms, thanks again!

By the way, welcome to Cruise Critics!

Smart move, to allow the extra cushion in case of bad weather...

The Anthem is a perfect ship for sailing from the Port of New York (Cape Liberty, NJ), as it has a couple of indoor pools, and an indoor sports complex with loads of activities for those cooler days going and returning...not to mention its large indoor promenade...and lots of entertainment venues.

Once you are booked, I suggest you meet some of your cruise mates on your specific Roll Call, and there you can learn about specific activities on your cruise...

This is the only Anthem Caribbean cruise in December....note that it is an 11 day to the Eastern Caribbean, if that is what you want...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523413