Zaandam Alaska bound ship TODAY!

tdawgs12000

For anyone that wants to get on a cruise today read this! So I’m currently en route to via ferry boat from Victoria to Seattle I hopes of getting on board today. I am traveling as a Friend on Board with one of the crew members a part of the production shows and was told TODAY that my application was denied due to a violation of the Jones Act 🙈. I had no idea about this and was given no warning and I’ve flown from all the way from Iceland to get onto the ship today to get MARRIED in Juneau. There is currently a new application that has been filled out to stay the entire duration of the cruise BUT I’m not expecting miracles. SO! There are still cabins available starting at $2500 and for anyone who wants to cruise I would gladly split the cost and you can have the room for yourself as i’ll be staying with my friend in board. REPLY!!! All Aboard is in a few hours!.. long shot I know.

If you board in Seattle and disembark for good in Juneau you will, indeed, be in violation of the PVSA (not the Jones Act). The cruise line will be fined in excess of $700. That would be passed on to you.

However, the ship cannot, willfully, allow you to board even if you agree to pay the fine.

Suggest you fly to Juneau and get married...and return from Juneau to wherever on a plane or other non-cruise ship way.

The only cruise line that does not violate the PVSA for the itinerary that you describe is the Alaska Marine HIghway. (google it)