Kind and knowledgeable NCL cruisers...does this type of insurance exist?

callmebetty

I have searched the internet and have not been successful. I rely on you fine folks...

I am possibly changing jobs (in the process of applying and interviewing). Our final payment is due 10/6 and the fine state I work for takes forever to make decisions and get them approved. In the event I get a job offer and cannot take the time off, is there a plan out there that will cover a non military, non layoff vacation denial? I am currently.approved by the agency I work for but may not get approval for the new state agency i am trying to move to. We initially booked in April which lessens my pool. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanks! I have been reading them (now my eyes are crossed) and even though they say any reason, the job issues are pretty specific. Maybe I need to just hope something happens before final payment!

I have searched the internet and have not been successful. I rely on you fine folks...

I am possibly changing jobs (in the process of applying and interviewing). Our final payment is due 10/6 and the fine state I work for takes forever to make decisions and get them approved. In the event I get a job offer and cannot take the time off, is there a plan out there that will cover a non military, non layoff vacation denial? I am currently.approved by the agency I work for but may not get approval for the new state agency i am trying to move to. We initially booked in April which lessens my pool. Thanks in advance!

Here is the travel insurance sub-forum of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

Ask this type of question there, where everyone participating is specifically interested in and often knowledgeable about travel insurance.

Also, check with a broker, who can explain many policies from several insurers to find the best fit for your type of issues.

We use

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

and have had a lot of policies with Travel Insured, including having several claims paid promptly.

But CALL them; don't just try to read all the find print, especially when you have specific issues. They'll know just which policies would work for your needs.

I *think* there IS a policy for what you need, but you'll need to ask them about when you made your initial deposit.

There are policies that you could still get, but I'm not sure if it has this specific coverage.

So ASK them!

Good luck.

GC

Here is the travel insurance sub-forum of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

Ask this type of question there, where everyone participating is specifically interested in and often knowledgeable about travel insurance.

Also, check with a broker, who can explain many policies from several insurers to find the best fit for your type of issues.

We use

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

and have had a lot of policies with Travel Insured, including having several claims paid promptly.

But CALL them; don't just try to read all the find print, especially when you have specific issues. They'll know just which policies would work for your needs.

I *think* there IS a policy for what you need, but you'll need to ask them about when you made your initial deposit.

There are policies that you could still get, but I'm not sure if it has this specific coverage.

So ASK them!

Good luck.

GC

Thank you!!! I am on the Tapatalk app so all I currently see are the boards I follow. I will search on the full site

Insurance through the cruise line is generally about twice the price and doesn’t cover as much but in your case it might be a decent option. There’s an Ncl plan that covers I think 90% towards a future cruise. assuming you are going to cruise at a later date if this one doesn’t work out it might be a good choice. Would have to read the fine print though to make sure your situation is covered. The other bonus is that if you cancel before a penalty period I don’t think you have to pay for the Ncl cruise or Ncl insurance whereas an independent plan you would purchase and if you find out prior to final payment that you are not sailing, there’s no claim because you’re not out anything. Then you have an independent cruise insurance plan you paid for and never used. I’ve been able to have a portion of that transferred over to a new booking in the past but it’s not a gt.

Insurance through the cruise line is generally about twice the price and doesn’t cover as much but in your case it might be a decent option. There’s an Ncl plan that covers I think 90% towards a future cruise. assuming you are going to cruise at a later date if this one doesn’t work out it might be a good choice. Would have to read the fine print though to make sure your situation is covered. The other bonus is that if you cancel before a penalty period I don’t think you have to pay for the Ncl cruise or Ncl insurance whereas an independent plan you would purchase and if you find out prior to final payment that you are not sailing, there’s no claim because you’re not out anything. Then you have an independent cruise insurance plan you paid for and never used. I’ve been able to have a portion of that transferred over to a new booking in the past but it’s not a gt.

That won't cover other costs such as air travel or hotel stays pre/post cruise.

(Someone else recently had a really difficult/upsetting time finding this out, when NCL cancelled the cruise, and she was out the airfare she had paid for separately.)

Not recommended.

GC

That won't cover other costs such as air travel or hotel stays pre/post cruise.

(Someone else recently had a really difficult/upsetting time finding this out, when NCL cancelled the cruise, and she was out the airfare she had paid for separately.)

Not recommended.

GC

How true! Depending on the plan Independent insurance can pay change fees As long as you have tickets that can be changed. There’s likely independent insurance plans that will pay out for scenario that op might have. I’d make sure to read the fine print.

I contacted the insurance broker mentioned on these threads and he was an immense help. Answered on a Sunday, Good listener, asked a few?’s and then gave me some excellent suggestions. Talking to an expert in advance and reading all that fine print can be invaluable.