Rain in forecast for Britain

4774Papa

We arrive Saturday, 30 September in London for our drive tour of England and Wales.

The weather forecast (did 10 day for Bath and Cardiff our first two stops). Rain is forecast from a 40-60% probability.

We have been to Britain before when it rained, but found that the rain was usually intermittent and not heavy and stormy.

We will bring umbrellas and rain gear and it won't stop our touring.

Any tips?

We arrive Saturday, 30 September in London for our drive tour of England and Wales.

The weather forecast (did 10 day for Bath and Cardiff our first two stops). Rain is forecast from a 40-60% probability.

We have been to Britain before when it rained, but found that the rain was usually intermittent and not heavy and stormy.

We will bring umbrellas and rain gear and it won't stop our touring.

Any tips?

Ignore 10 day forecast, no one can forecast that far ahead. Maximum reliable forecast is for 2 days ahead. By the time you get here it could clear blue sky's and 70 F.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Waterproof shoes. We were fortunate on our British isles cruise last month to have beautiful weather for most of the time. We had rain the two days we were in Dublin--from the remnants of Hurricane Gert. I was glad I had waterproof shoes, a water-resistant jacket, and pocket umbrella.

10 day forecasts are too unsteady. 5 days is good.

B-i-L and S-i-L just spent 3 weeks in France and Belgium. First week- across our Labor D weekend- 7 day river cruise. Perfect weather. After that, rained about every other day the last two weeks. You need to be prepared.

British weather is notoriously unpredictable. Yesterday in London we had brilliant sunshine all day. Today it is overcast and cloudy and looks as if it may rain, who knows if it will or won't.

You need to bring layers and a waterproof jacket. I find a hood more practical than an umbrella.

Unless you plan on walking in the countryside, waterproof shoes are not necessary, just a decent, comfortable pair of good leather shoes suffice. I don't think I've ever had waterproof shoes ever.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

British weather is notoriously unpredictable. Yesterday in London we had brilliant sunshine all day. Today it is overcast and cloudy and looks as if it may rain, who knows if it will or won't.

Like in London, on the south coast we had glorious weather yesterday.

Unlike London, it's been glorious here today as well :)

Years back, when forecasters got it badly wrong, as they often did, they reckoned that they got it right but were just a bit out on the timing or the location.

(shades of Eric Morecambe vs Andre Previn - "I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order" ;))

JB :)

How to get a 80% accurate forecast for tomorrow anywhere in the UK...predict it to be the same as today!!

Just relish the fact that some of us have lived here for 60 odd years and still don't know what the hell goes on with our weather. Be prepared and go with the flow. Oh, and if you want to strike up a conversation with a Brit, just say 'Nice weather today' and you will be set for the next hour!

Have fun in our sceptred isles.

Simon