what airport in NY??

moatenote

We're going on the Eastern Seaboard cruise in October (6th-18th). Free airfare from Viking, but I want to look at flight options ahead of time to see what's available and then try to get Viking to give me my way. Does anyone know which airport Viking uses in NYC????

We live in CT, been on 5 Viking River Cruises and going on our first Viking Ocean cruise this Wednesday and always fly out of JFK. We always use Viking air services, pay the 50.00 PP for custom air and had perfect flights.

We're going on the Eastern Seaboard cruise in October (6th-18th). Free airfare from Viking, but I want to look at flight options ahead of time to see what's available and then try to get Viking to give me my way. Does anyone know which airport Viking uses in NYC????

Good question and I think that the answer is going to be that Viking uses all three airports -- Newark (EWR), La Guardia (LGA) and JFK. It just depends on where you are coming from and what deals they get from the various airlines.

La Guardia will be closest to the docks but worth flying into only if you can get a direct flight (or you have to change planes no matter which airport you are headed to). EWR and JKF are about equidistant, one to the west of the city and the other to the east. Time to the airport will depend heavily on traffic/time of day (at least you are coming in on a Saturday).

We live in CT, been on 5 Viking River Cruises and going on our first Viking Ocean cruise this Wednesday and always fly out of JFK. We always use Viking air services, pay the 50.00 PP for custom air and had perfect flights.

OP is disembarking in NYC and JFK might not be her best choice for flying back to South Carolina.

We did that cruise last October and flew into EWR. But it depends where the ship is docked. We were in Manhattan, others left from Brooklyn. It was easy getting into the city. But we did not use Viking air, and we did,not have a transfer. From New Jersey you have to book a private car because taxis can’t take fairs from NYC back to NJ.

I live in the rockaways so we’re going to jfk. Taking delta in two weeks and Lufthansa in April for our river cruise

OP is disembarking in NYC and JFK might not be her best choice for flying back to South Carolina.

Honestly, I would never go out of La Guardia. I have never liked this airport but it is close to Manhattan. My daughter lives on the east side so she usually hoes through La Guardia.

Honestly, I would never go out of La Guardia. I have never liked this airport but it is close to Manhattan. My daughter lives on the east side so she usually hoes through La Guardia.

But, OP will be disembarking in either Manhattan or Brooklyn and using a Viking transfer to get to whichever airport she is flying out of to get back home.

But, OP will be disembarking in either Manhattan or Brooklyn and using a Viking transfer to get to whichever airport she is flying out of to get back home.

Depending on the day and the time, jfk not far from manhattan. La Guardia, go up town and over triborough and grand central to the airport. Jfk, go downtown, take Brooklyn queens expressway to belt which takes you to Kennedy. Like I say, La Guardia is closer but the runway is very short and they’re doing work at the airport. Jfk is still my first choice

Depending on the day and the time, jfk not far from manhattan. La Guardia, go up town and over triborough and grand central to the airport. Jfk, go downtown, take Brooklyn queens expressway to belt which takes you to Kennedy. Like I say, La Guardia is closer but the runway is very short and they’re doing work at the airport. Jfk is still my first choice

And then there is Newark, another viable option. I would look at the various flight options before eliminating any of the local airports.

And then there is Newark, another viable option. I would look at the various flight options before eliminating any of the local airports.

True but Newark is that close if you consider the traffic going through the tunnels

I checked the schedule for the NYC port terminals, and the Viking Star will be docking in Manhattan. And I'm very happy to report that we were able to get the airline, flight schedule, airport, and seat assignments that we wanted via Viking Air! (I now see that I was not clear at all in the original post that we will disembarking in NYC for this cruise). Thank you, Viking (and our TA)