Is Thermal Suite Spa a Couple Thing?

gmbhardy

My wife is a spa person. I'm not. Thinking of just getting a pass for her, but I'm wondering if going to the Thermal Suite is a "couple" thing and whether she would feel comfortable going alone.

Not at all, my wife and I get the pass sometimes we go together sometimes not

Depends on the ship. Each one has a separate area for males and females and a common area. On some ships the common area is large, on others it is very small.

We loved the Therma-Spa on Epic because it gave us an adult place to relax in together. Don't plan on getting it for the Jewel because not enough space to be together.

And don't think of the Therma-Spa as a spa, think of it more as a hydro-therapy space, adult only and very relaxing IMHO.

Depends on the ship. Each one has a separate area for males and females and a common area. On some ships the common area is large, on others it is very small.

There are no separate areas for males and females on the new ships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape). All thermal suite areas are co-ed. The dressing rooms are just that, no spa facilities.

We spa’d on the BA. It was nice to go as a couple in the various rooms - my wife would not be comfortable going into those enclosed rooms alone with strangers ... likely just her trepidation. On the loungers, being solo with ear buds and a nap is blissful. We didn’t purchase any of the services, just the pass.

I was on the Escape in December and I didn't find the spa especially couple-y. I like to go spend an hour or two just relaxing or reading and felt perfectly comfortable alone. Hubby just found another activity to amuse himself. It will be great either way but the $$ you would spend for you might be a lot for something that is not your thing.

The Thermal Spa is definitely NOT just a couples thing. I have gotten week long passes for myself and my brother on one cruise and myself and my mom on another. I'm most definitely not in a relationship with either of them and we felt totally comfortable using the spa together or by ourselves. It's just a really nice, quiet, relaxing space. Great for naps, reading, or just treating your body to some amazing relaxation.

She'll be fine in there on her own.

Thanks for all your helpful comments. I think I'll get her a pass for a birthday present. We sail on the Epic in less than three weeks and the Escape in March. Is one spa better than the other or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks for all your helpful comments. I think I'll get her a pass for a birthday present. We sail on the Epic in less than three weeks and the Escape in March. Is one spa better than the other or are they pretty much the same?

they have some features in common however some differences are

Epic has an open air balcony with padded loungers

Escape has a huge communal area with tiled .padded and other lounge areas with floor to ceiling windows.It also has a snow room

We had access to it on our last cruise on the Breakaway. I believe I enjoyed it more than she did. During sea days its very busy during the day. We found the perfect time was early evening. We always did dinner on the early side, then go back to the room and change, then hit the spa. Almost every evening we had the place to ourselves.

Myself my DD, my sister and her Dd all want to get the therma spa for our upcoming trip. They’ll book there’s ahead of time but we need to wait until we are onboard. My daughter has chronic migraines (thus wanting a nice quiet area to relax) but sometimes smells trigger the migraines. I know the spa part where you go for massages always smells of essential oils. But does the thermal suite smell of this also? Might be a deal breaker. We are going on the breakaway transatlantic and figured thecwarmer spa area would be very nice

Myself my DD, my sister and her Dd all want to get the therma spa for our upcoming trip. They’ll book there’s ahead of time but we need to wait until we are onboard. My daughter has chronic migraines (thus wanting a nice quiet area to relax) but sometimes smells trigger the migraines. I know the spa part where you go for massages always smells of essential oils. But does the thermal suite smell of this also? Might be a deal breaker. We are going on the breakaway transatlantic and figured thecwarmer spa area would be very nice

I did not notice any essential oils smells in the Breakaway or Escape Thermal Spas. The only area that she may have a problem with is the steam room as they do pump in quite a bit of eucalyptus. The other saunas and rooms have no odor though.

• 4 months later...

We loved the Therma-Spa on Epic because it gave us an adult place to relax in together. Don't plan on getting it for the Jewel because not enough space to be together.

Jewel Thermal Spa looks like it is so small, 6 nice warm lounges and just 1 small therapy spa. All other areas are men's or woman's areas. Is that correct? We booked for our cruise with 10 sea days but not sure it will provide the escape we are looking for. We loved this on larger ships since DW and I can hang out together but it appears on Jewel not so much. Any feedback? Thanks!

Jewel Thermal Spa looks like it is so small, 6 nice warm lounges and just 1 small therapy spa. All other areas are men's or woman's areas. Is that correct? We booked for our cruise with 10 sea days but not sure it will provide the escape we are looking for. We loved this on larger ships since DW and I can hang out together but it appears on Jewel not so much. Any feedback? Thanks!

Itty bitty co-gender area. Everything else is separate. If your want to spend time with people of a different gender, the spa is not the place.