Newark departure

MrsTabs

Hi we will be departing after our cruise on March 6th from newark - but we cannot check in until 2pm and will be off the ship a long time before then with our luggage - any suggestions of what we can do in the time inbetween that won't involve us having to drag our cases around? Is there anywhere close to the airport or port we could pay to leave them?

Any advice gratefully received we are from the UK

many thanks

Hi we will be departing after our cruise on March 6th from newark - but we cannot check in until 2pm and will be off the ship a long time before then with our luggage - any suggestions of what we can do in the time inbetween that won't involve us having to drag our cases around? Is there anywhere close to the airport or port we could pay to leave them?

Any advice gratefully received we are from the UK

many thanks

What time us your flight?

Luggage storage (or lack thereof) is a problem at EWR. Some folks pay for the NYC excursion with later drop off at EWR.

You can go to the Jersey Gardens Mall and hang out with your luggage.

Are you by any chance staying at an EWR hotel precruise?

That's the date we depart from the ship we embark on Feb 24th, thank you for your helpful replies I shall look out for something to book

Thanks again

You're welcome. I'm seeing an embarkation date of 2/25/18 for the 12 Anthem cruise.

Its the NCL Gem 24th feb - 6 March

That changes everything. Sorry about that, but I mistakenly thought you were sailing from Cape Liberty.

I don't know what NCL has to offer as post cruise excursions. Someone else will have to speak to that.

If there is no post cruise excursion, the advice for a NYC based cruise is to disembark early and take a cab to Schwartz Travel on W 37th St to store your luggage ( http://schwartztravel.mynetworksolutions.mobi/). This will give you time to explore the Times Square area. To get to EWR you walk up 9th Ave to 41st St to catch the airport bus (https://www.coachusa.com/) for $17/pp or walk down 8th Ave to New York Penn Station at 33rd St to take NJ Transit to Newark Airport for $13/pp. (http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo)

Are you flying internationally or domestically? You need to allow ample time to get to EWR. I'm thinking you should leave NYC no later than 1 pm for a 5 pm international flight.

Of course paying for a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo is always an option.

That information is hugely helpful thank you! We were thinking of maybe hiring a car service and sepnding some time at the 9/11 memorial the problem has been what to do with our luggage but if there is a luggage storage service that may be ideal - I shall print this out and take it with me

we are flying international

thank you again!

sounds exactly what we are are after - where would we find details of how to book the post cruise tour of NYC please?

Many thanks

If they have it, it will be where you book your excursions. I'm actually on the Anthem, not NCL, sorry

That information is hugely helpful thank you! We were thinking of maybe hiring a car service and sepnding some time at the 9/11 memorial the problem has been what to do with our luggage but if there is a luggage storage service that may be ideal - I shall print this out and take it with me

we are flying international

thank you again!

These sites will give you other options for luggage storage in NYC and other cities...

www.bagbnb.com

www.luggagehero.com