Amber Cove

April42749

No it does not have a tender port. It has a beautiful pool area that is free to use and there are several activities that you can do that they charge for. You can also zip line for a fee I think it was $20 for the day. They also have two waterslides that you are allowed to use also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amber Cove is a very good port to visit and reminds me of Grand Turk. Once you get off, you can shop, swim, relax, site see and many other activities. If you don't want to spend money, you don't have to and can still have a good time. The grounds are immaculate and every thing is in walking distance.

I've never been to Amber Cove. Is it a tender port?

Any opinions or information would be appreciated.

Not a tender port :) everyone is correct that the port itself is very nice and has plenty to explore. DH and I have done an excursion in Amber Cove, too; an all-inclusive resort beach day. Beaches and island itself have pretty areas.

Not a tender port :) everyone is correct that the port itself is very nice and has plenty to explore. DH and I have done an excursion in Amber Cove, too; an all-inclusive resort beach day. Beaches and island itself have pretty areas.

Hi, do u remember how much u paid for the all inclusive resort beach day?

I've never been to Amber Cove. Is it a tender port?

Any opinions or information would be appreciated.

If you want something a little more active, look at the 27 Waterfalls Tours. You can actually do less than 27. We did the tour with 12 and loved it. We used Marysol Tours and would use them again. I believe Carnival offers this as an excursion, but with less Waterfalls.

We were there right after it opened. It's not a tender port. Personally, wasn't impressed. We're not "pool people". We would rather have the ocean. We can swim in a pool at home. We weren't impressed at all.

Nice port if you want a "free day" with stuff to do. Big pool complex and shopping. There is no beach area here (this side of the island the water is dark and murky, not blue and clear).

However, there are many different excursions you can book that will take you to a different side of the island with the beautiful sandy beach/blue ocean. You can do beach days, or we like to book snorkeling here (was FABULOUS!). with lunch included.

As far as price. You can look into a tour on your own, or check out Carnivals' site for activity prices if you wish to book direct. You are usually looking at $79 - $149/pp depending on what you want to do.

We rented a hillside cabana and loved our day at Amber Cove.

We have rented a hillside cabana in July and are looking forward to the day at AC. I've read a lot of negative reviews about the hillside cabana option. Do you have any photos of the cabanas- are they easily accessible? I know it's a hike up the hill but is it fairly easy to get to?

We were there right after it opened. It's not a tender port. Personally, wasn't impressed. We're not "pool people". We would rather have the ocean. We can swim in a pool at home. We weren't impressed at all.

You won't be impressed at Grand Turk, either. We found that, other than the tourist bars right at the dock, it's not got much.

We did sit on the beach right in front of the ship. It was OK, but you are really just on a beach in front of a ship.

We did a tour in Grand Turk, and it was probably the least interesting tour I have ever done.

If your idea of fun is a visit to Senor Frogs, like to drink and carry on, then the Margaritaville at Grand Turk is calling your name. For me, it's a tourist trap.

For the first part of the Amber Cove day, we stayed on the ship and had the adult pool and hot tubs to ourselves. Later we did walk to the port and walked around for a while. It was a very hot day, and the pool area was very crowded, so we went back to the ship and enjoyed the uncrowded pool and decks. .

Just at Amber Cove last week. We had a great, relaxing day there. We bought the zipline bracelet for $20pp, which is good all day. We went on the water slides. We sat on the loungers in the pool. We sat in the hammocks. We played some basketball. Had lunch there (meh) but it was convenient. The weather was beautiful, the pool water delightful. I actually enjoyed it more than Grand Turk.

• 3 months later...

Which all inclusive resort did you do? We are having a hard time deciding what to do in Amber Cove. We don't want to the free pool area.

Dear pe4all, P.E. ,

Glad youall had a wonderful time.

When Carnival Corp. builds the next Port in the Bahamas, I wager it will be as well too.

The days prior in the Capitol of T&C at Grand Turk were kinda like the Dutch had near the S. American coast in Aruba.

Just at Amber Cove last week. We had a great, relaxing day there. We bought the zipline bracelet for $20pp, which is good all day. We went on the water slides. We sat on the loungers in the pool. We sat in the hammocks. We played some basketball. Had lunch there (meh) but it was convenient. The weather was beautiful, the pool water delightful. I actually enjoyed it more than Grand Turk.

Which all inclusive resort did you do? We are having a hard time deciding what to do in Amber Cove. We don't want to the free pool area.
The Riu all inclusive available through Carnival does not get good reviews, with a 3.4/5.0 with 60 reviews, a 68% recommendation and a cost of 65 pp.

The Eat, Drink and be Merry tour is recommended on Trip Advisor and is 84 pp. Includes cable car, rum factory tour, lunch + 1 drink, cigar factory tour and beer, water & soda on the tour van. Trip Advisor and Amber Cove on the ports of call section on Cruise Critic would be your best research areas.

Two years ago we did the "Secluded Villa All-inclusive" and were quite happy with it, even at $100 pp. I think it's higher now. It was held at Lifestyle Resort. Very nice villa, each couple got their own bedroom for changing and relaxing, there was a nice pool, a nice open bar with mostly top-shelf liquor (the other was mid-shelf), and an excellent barbecue for us including steak and shrimp, plus snacks and appetizers beforehand. The beach was nearby but frankly, we didn't want to leave. :)

We're returning this October and I noticed a few other all-inclusive choices this time. We haven't decided yet about which one to do.