Carnival Ecstasy - December 26 to 30, 2017

So you liked Cabbage Beach? Was this a carnival excursion or did you go on your own? What did you do in Freeport? Thx so much! We are sailing in 3 weeks and can hardly wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took a taxi in Freeport to a beach, I think it was pirates bay or something. It was a little far but beach was nice. They had food and a fully stocked bar but service was horrible. We had a terrible time getting chairs and umbrellas and stood forever waiting for someone to take our drink orders. We ended up going to a little folding table where they were selling shots. We ordered jerk chicken and it took a long time but was good. Both Freeport and Nassau we caught a taxi outside and asked them to take us to a beach. In Nassau he took us to Atlantis and we went inside and took pictures and walked around about 20 mins then to the beach. He waited for us and also drove us back. We stopped to shop too, but the place where we went had no electricity so it was all cash only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two more things that I forgot to mention from our cruise. The toilet paper now feels like sandpaper! We complained to the steward and she brought us a roll of the "old kind" that was left over.

And we didn't bother to really "dress" for the dining room. We wore blue jeans pants and t-shirts besides formal night, which we wore a pair of slacks and collared shirt. I feel it fits with the Denny's atmosphere of no more table cloths and bread baskets.

glad to hear you had such a smooth time getting on the ship-------we were on her last march and it was a nightmare---arrived at 11;30 and never got on ship till after 1pm we had pre-paid for parking but that did not help-----We are going again Feb 16 and from what you are saying is you can get there before 11am unload and then come back at 11am and you do not have to sit in the ''snake line'' to park ----do they give you a voucher and is there a separate line for those who have done this----- any info would be appreciated as last time was a total mess Thanks and Happy cruising

• 2 weeks later...
I feel it fits with the Denny's atmosphere of no more table cloths and bread baskets.

Wait, what? No more tablecloths? No bread at dinner? I hope I am reading this wrong? I haven't cruised with Carnival in many years ( been spoiled with Celebrity) but just booked one due to proximity a big group on budgets. But certainly they haven't really gotten rid of these things in the formal dinning room?