Voyager - last tender time - Yorkey's Knob

We'll be on the April 16 Sydney-Singapore cruise and are trying to book an independent package for Skyrail/Kuranda/Skytrain. The ship is supposed to depart its mooring at 8 pm. We are looking at a package that would have us leaving Kuranda on the 3:30 pm Scenic Railway train, getting back to Freshwater(?) at about 5 pm, and then by bus to Yorkey's Knob by 5:45 pm. The timing makes me a bit nervous; what time does the last tender generally leave Yorkey's Knob for the ship? I've posted the question in the Meet and Mingle, but ours is fairly quiet and I haven't received an answer. If necessary, I can change to the earlier train, though that would cut our trip short.

Many thanks.

Not sure of that sailing. Usually the last tender is 30 minutes before departure. Most of the time with a large influx of passengers at that time, the last tender is when the last passenger is aboard.

I'm on that sailing too! So close now. My understanding is definitely tendering to Yorkey's Knob, not docking at Cairns. Sounds like that timing would be fine but I would personally still find it stressful and it would impact my enjoyment of the day.

We'll be on the April 16 Sydney-Singapore cruise and are trying to book an independent package for Skyrail/Kuranda/Skytrain. The ship is supposed to depart its mooring at 8 pm. We are looking at a package that would have us leaving Kuranda on the 3:30 pm Scenic Railway train, getting back to Freshwater(?) at about 5 pm, and then by bus to Yorkey's Knob by 5:45 pm. The timing makes me a bit nervous; what time does the last tender generally leave Yorkey's Knob for the ship? I've posted the question in the Meet and Mingle, but ours is fairly quiet and I haven't received an answer. If necessary, I can change to the earlier train, though that would cut our trip short.

Many thanks.

I'm only reading this thread for future reference, but have you thought to emailing the tour operator with this concern? I've had good luck with doing that with other providers.

I'm on that sailing too! So close now. My understanding is definitely tendering to Yorkey's Knob, not docking at Cairns. Sounds like that timing would be fine but I would personally still find it stressful and it would impact my enjoyment of the day.

Hi yes your right it is tendered by bad

I'm only reading this thread for future reference, but have you thought to emailing the tour operator with this concern? I've had good luck with doing that with other providers.

Yes, I have communicated with them, and they have been most helpful. However, they actually had outdated information from Ports North (and, they said, the ship) indicating that departure was at 5 pm!!! However, Ports North also had Voyager stopping the next day at Port Douglas, so I am guessing their info was long out of date.

If I can find out the last tender time, I can decide whether or not to change to an earlier return train. I think I'll call RCCL tomorrow, if they have not yet responded to my emailed inquiry.

You will have plenty of time to make the 2000 departure. Last tender should be around 1915 to 1930. 1530 train arrives Freshwater 1702 and then Cairns 1725. 15 minute drive Freshwater to Yorkey's Knob.

Thank you for this - it makes me a little less nervous. Being completely unfamiliar with the area, travel times, traffic, etc., I don't want to take chances. We could have played it safe (and expensive!!!) with the ship's excursion, but we are getting so much more for our $ booking direct with Skyrail.

Was on the same sailing last year, I stayed onboard but my friends spent 3 hours stuck in traffic due to an accident in Cairns.

Not saying that’s likely to happen again but the problem with cutting it close is you leave yourself no margin should something happen outside your control.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums