How to have gift bags in cabins?

sarahd2108

Hello Cruise People!

Mother of the Bride here....I have a question? We are doing a destination wedding in Cozumel via sailing on the Carnival Valor. I called Carnival the other day and asked about having bags waiting in cabins prior to guest arrival and the lady acted like she had no idea what I was talking about and basically told me there was no way to make that happen. Is this correct? Have any of you had success with making this happen? If so how??

I'm doing the wedding on board and as per my wedding planner, she can arrange for someone to come pick up the bags (which will be in average sized plastic bin containers) when we arrive at the port. I'm going to label all the bags with the room numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Cruise People!

Mother of the Bride here....I have a question? We are doing a destination wedding in Cozumel via sailing on the Carnival Valor. I called Carnival the other day and asked about having bags waiting in cabins prior to guest arrival and the lady acted like she had no idea what I was talking about and basically told me there was no way to make that happen. Is this correct? Have any of you had success with making this happen? If so how??

If you are paying for the Cozumel wedding thru Carnival - contact your wedding planner on board.

If you have hired a wedding planner from the Island , my suggestion is to purchase Faster to the Fun - have all of your guests cabin #'s and speak with the room steward at each floor location. I'm sure they will help.

At least, I hope ! I too am the mother of the bride and have planned a wedding in Grand Cayman in April with a private planner there.

I wanted to do the same thing for my wedding in Freeport via the Carnival Pride but was told there would be a fee associated for the bag delivery and they couldn't guarantee they would be in the rooms before the guests arrived to their staterooms. That said, my fiancé and I decided we would just hand deliver ours and personally thank each of our guests for joining us at the same time.

I wanted to do the same thing for my wedding in Freeport via the Carnival Pride but was told there would be a fee associated for the bag delivery and they couldn't guarantee they would be in the rooms before the guests arrived to their staterooms. That said, my fiancé and I decided we would just hand deliver ours and personally thank each of our guests for joining us at the same time.

That’s a great personal touch!!!!

• 2 months later...