Empress of the Seas - Diamond Lounge

BebeCat

• 1 month later...

Empress had one Diamond and up event held on the aft deck behind Boleros. 45 minutes or so with passed cocktails and a buffet spread. Very nice actually pretty well attended by hospitality staff officers.

it was held on the first night at 4:45.

• 3 weeks later...
Why does Empress have no Diamond/Concierge Lounge; considering many of the renovated ships, like Vision, have a lounge in the Viking Crown Lounge?

The only reason I can think of is due to space. However they could turn the Viking crown (night club) space into a DL/CL from 5:30-8:30 since it's always empty during those hours anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I didn't see a Diamond Lounge in the deck plans on the Empress but does anyone know if they use part of the Viking Crown lounge for the nightly Diamond Event. Thanks everyone! :)

We were just on the Empress of the Seas in late September. No, there is no Diamond Lounge nor is there a nightly Diamond Event. On our five night cruise out of Miami, we had a Diamond Event during sail away as we left the Miami port. It was held out on deck on the bow of the ship in an area that could be cordoned off to permit a private event. Beyond that, each Diamond member had three drink credits applied to his or her account on a daily basis for drinks anywhere on the ship. This is the oldest and smallest ship in the RCCL fleet and the design does not permit Diamond events to take place in lounges, as explained to us at the sail away event.

Edited by djc4410

We were just on the Empress of the Seas in late September. No, there is no Diamond Lounge nor is there a nightly Diamond Event. On our five night cruise out of Miami, we had a Diamond Event during sail away as we left the Miami port. It was held out on deck on the bow of the ship in an area that could be cordoned off to permit a private event. Beyond that, each Diamond member had three drink credits applied to his or her account on a daily basis for drinks anywhere on the ship. This is the oldest and smallest ship in the RCCL fleet and the design does not permit Diamond events to take place in lounges, as explained to us at the sail away event.

you were not on the bow (front), that is a marine deck and off limits to everyone but deck hands. You were aft, on the deck behind Boleros.

• 1 month later...
The only reason I can think of is due to space. However they could turn the Viking crown (night club) space into a DL/CL from 5:30-8:30 since it's always empty during those hours anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Serenade does a nightly Diamond and above event in the Viking Crown lounge. This is very well attended and there is no limit as to the type/quantity of drinks you can order at the bar. This is in addition to the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge and the daily 3 drinks on your Seapass.

I suspect the use of the Viking Crown lounge is because the Diamond and Concierge Lounges are not large enough to being able to fit in all the Suite and Diamond (and up) people on the cruises.

Of course, this is how it was the last time we were on the Serenade (Mar 2016)....

The Serenade does a nightly Diamond and above event in the Viking Crown lounge. This is very well attended and there is no limit as to the type/quantity of drinks you can order at the bar. This is in addition to the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge and the daily 3 drinks on your Seapass.

I suspect the use of the Viking Crown lounge is because the Diamond and Concierge Lounges are not large enough to being able to fit in all the Suite and Diamond (and up) people on the cruises.

Of course, this is how it was the last time we were on the Serenade (Mar 2016)....

Agree, nice set up for Diamond Lounge that uses that area as an overflow area

on Serenade and her three sister ships. They open the connecting door from the

DL to the VCL to allow pax to go back and forth. It is indeed roped off and signs

are put up as "private event". The waiters are constantly having to remind pax

that are not Diamond level and above that it is for that level only, should they

walk past the ropes.

However on my last cruise on Serenade, which had a huge number of D's and

up level pax, they had the entire VCL as overflow and a crew member checking

sea pass cards at the entrance. Suites pax are not invited unless they are already

Diamond level and above. They have use of the CL only.

Edited by island lady

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Incase anyone was wondering, empress does not have drink or food at their “events”. The sail away party was a joke, no music, no staff, NOTHING but an empty deck... the other “event” was 10 minutes of saying thanks for sailing, we have a new ship, continue to sail with us, thanks! Everyone was VERY disappointed! They had a lunch apparently, but we never received an invite, and after the first 2 let downs, wouldn’t have gone anyways...