How many outlets are on the carnival breeze?

tran93le

I’m will be in a balcony room if that helps.

I’ve also read that “surge protectors” aren’t allowed, but I don’t know the physical difference between a normal power strip & a power strip with surge protectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is also usually one in the bathroom as well

I wouldn’t count on the bathroom one. The ships I’ve seen that on have been the ones with wall mounted hairdryers and the outlet on the dryer says “shavers only.” I believe Breeze has the hairdryer in the dresser drawer. There are no outlets visible in my Breeze bathroom pics.

What is the round, 3 hole outlet for?

That is a Schuko receptacle. It is the outlet found in most Central European homes. It has 220 volts and would damage North American products made only for 120 volt electricity.

You can safely use that higher voltage on many cell phone chargers and laptop power supplies that are marked for 100 to 220 volts. These automatically adjust to the voltage sent to them. Amazon has adapters to allow one to use the outlet with North American plugs. Make sure any adapter you buy does NOT have a surge suppressor, as these are fire hazard when used with shipboard power systems.

I’ve also read that “surge protectors” aren’t allowed, but I don’t know the physical difference between a normal power strip & a power strip with surge protectors.

There are no "physical" differences between a surge protected power strip and one that isn't, with the possible exception that some will have a small green LED that says "protected" on surge protected models. You have to check the packaging or the fine print cast into the power strip to see if terms like "surge protected", "joules of protection" or "clamping voltage" are there. If so, the power strip is surge protected. The $6 power strip from Home Depot is an example of one that is not surge protected.

I wouldn’t count on the bathroom one. The ships I’ve seen that on have been the ones with wall mounted hairdryers and the outlet on the dryer says “shavers only.” I believe Breeze has the hairdryer in the dresser drawer. There are no outlets visible in my Breeze bathroom pics.

On every ship we've been on (including the Breeze), the outlet in the bathroom is typically near the right-hand upper corner of the mirror. The outlet is connected to the same switch that turns the bathroom light on and off. Just thought you should know that in case you're planning to plug a night light into that outlet. We always bring a battery powered night light.

On every ship we've been on (including the Breeze), the outlet in the bathroom is typically near the right-hand upper corner of the mirror. The outlet is connected to the same switch that turns the bathroom light on and off. Just thought you should know that in case you're planning to plug a night light into that outlet. We always bring a battery powered night light.

Right hand upper corner of the mirror? So like higher than my bathroom pic?

b356a70ee141bc6dcb4e72c4017c2fde.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised you haven't used Google at all. Even has pic results.

Right hand upper corner of the mirror? So like higher than my bathroom pic?

b356a70ee141bc6dcb4e72c4017c2fde.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It may be a part of the light fixture above the mirror, and not immediately noticeable.

• 3 weeks later...

Also there are 2x 220 behind the bed for lamps, if you needed something closer that could use 110/220 just get an adapter plug as stated before (the 2x round prong one) and you're all set!

• 3 weeks later...
That is a Schuko receptacle. It is the outlet found in most Central European homes. It has 220 volts and would damage North American products made only for 120 volt electricity.

You can safely use that higher voltage on many cell phone chargers and laptop power supplies that are marked for 100 to 220 volts. These automatically adjust to the voltage sent to them. Amazon has adapters to allow one to use the outlet with North American plugs. Make sure any adapter you buy does NOT have a surge suppressor, as these are fire hazard when used with shipboard power systems.

Can someone point me to an official Carnival document prohibiting surge protected power strips? I used one on my last cruise (Carnival Pride, 2017) without any comments from the cabin stewards and it was in plain sight with the "protected" light illuminated. A search for the terms "surge", "protector", "outlet", "electric(al)" and "power" yielded no results in the Carnival Cruise Ticket Contract, Safety and Security policy and Passenger Bill of Rights documents online. Thanks.

Can someone point me to an official Carnival document prohibiting surge protected power strips? I used one on my last cruise (Carnival Pride, 2017) without any comments from the cabin stewards and it was in plain sight with the "protected" light illuminated. A search for the terms "surge", "protector", "outlet", "electric(al)" and "power" yielded no results in the Carnival Cruise Ticket Contract, Safety and Security policy and Passenger Bill of Rights documents online. Thanks.

From Carnival's home page, found in the "F.A.Q." section: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/kw/power%20strip/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMTI0MTIxOS9zaWQvZlVIY3RabEptSGJ1X0pwWHp4a18zNlNjUlF0MWRPJTdFdjM1TFdENnRkeXQ1UkJsUUo2bGJ2WUR5QlUlN0VOVGE5aklLOThybDZoYnB1YjNiWWtUR1BxbVBIb0FSN0pTTiU3RWxjVHQlN0VwUXQ4VkZKWlN1ZVI2ZU9ISzVvM2clMjElMjE%3D

Under the "Exemptions" section, read the third bullet point regarding power strips.

You can get a legit one at the dollar store. I've been using the same dollar store one on cruises for five years. Why put everyone on the ship at risk over a dollar?

See the below post from chengkp75 who has written on this subject many times:

While these frequently do make it through security, these are surge protected, and are not allowed. Whether or not you get it past security, know that even if your Belkin surge protector is in perfect condition, and operating normally, and you are present when it is in use, that an accidental ground anywhere else on the ship, outside of your control, can cause the semi-conductors in the surge protector to go into thermal run-away and cause a fire very quickly. Also, the more times the surge protector is subjected to shipboard wiring (possibility of reverse voltage on the semi-conductors), the quicker the semi-conductors will fail, even in their normal mode, and fail to protect your electronics.

Further, know that none of the ship's electronics, from the POS registers, to the computer servers, to the myriad desktop computers, to the navigation equipment, to the engine room automation that keeps the lights lit and the propellers turning, are protected by surge protectors, as they are not needed. Ships do not experience the voltage surges that affect homes and businesses ashore.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2545384

Thank you. I guess since what I brought was not an extension cord with surge protector, but rather a multi-plug adaptor, they didn't have a problem with it. I bring it more for the two USB charging ports than the electrical outlets.