KETO/low carb tips and tricks on Magic

TTBATS

I’m cruising on the Magic next month and plan on sticking to a low carb diet while on the ship. I know it’s easily doable but if anyone has any pro-tips to share I’d be stoked to hear em!

I’ve done Keto on a ship & it’s very simple. Omelet station for breakfast. Guys minus the bun for lunch - go over and get guacamole & pico de gallo from the burrito place to throw on top on the burger. You can always eat the salad bar on the Lido too. Dinner in the MDR is a little more challenging, but I just tell the waiter up front that I don’t eat rice, potatoes, pasta or bread, so don’t even bring it to the table. They always look at me like I’m a nut, but oh well. Haha

I'm vegan so I'm not of much help other than to say I know carb watchers have an easier time on the Magic because it has a BBQ place that is open for lunch of sailaway day and sea days. I think you could probably get low carb pretty much everywhere though but the ice cream machine, pizza spot and maybe deli. I think people in that lifestyle expect it.

Definitely don't miss the hidden salad bar on deck 5! It was a hit for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Carved meats on the buffet line, BBQ place above the Lido buffet, flat-iron steaks and shrimp cocktail at dinner, omelet stations or made to order breakfast in the dining room, Guys burgers without the bun, burritos and tacos with few toppings (don't eat the tortilla) but grab some pico, room service hot wings. In fact, grab a bit of pico on the way to get your meal. It peps up everything, especially those buffet scrambled eggs.

There were plenty of options for Keto on our 3 day cruise on the Liberty. With the Magic having more options than the Liberty I think you wont have any issues finding food to eat! Enjoy the Magic and your cruise.

I do the low carb/keto too but when I am cruising that goes overboard. lol. It's vacation so I eat and drink all the stuff I'm not suppose to and just get back at it once I'm back home. kudo's to the ones who can actually stick to it on a cruise.