Dawn family suite windows

puli

We were in 12010 in March 2015, all but one window was fogged. We complained and were told this issue would be fixed during the drydock. So I've been waiting to see if it really was fixed. Guess not. But thanks to this thread I just switched to 12008!! Hope those pictures had the right cabin number on them!

We really liked our cabin, when we got back from that cruise I looked at switching to the family suite with a balcony. It was more than I wanted to spend so kept cabin 12010. The price has gone up, almost double what we paid, so we'd go even with fogged windows but am so happy I found this thread!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I was in 12516 late in August to Bermuda, and one window was questionable, but only very mildly. It was not every day, so I wouldn't call it a serious problem. In fact, depending on where you stood in the room you might not even see it, just the lovely views outside.

Enjoy your trip!

12516 for the recent repo. I wouldn't call the windows fogged but they had these annoying streaks down it which made pictures outside the window difficult. The butler first said that they were dirty and later admitted that the windows were not delivered on time for replacement for dry dock.

A more serious problem with 12516 was the heating system. We either froze or were overheated. During one sea day, the A/C stopped working and the room became intolerable. After unsuccessful calls to the butler, steward and front desk, I only got action when I informed the hotel manager during the Latitudes party that my husband was passed out from the heat in the room. They immediately sent t he engineer and an officer to check on him. We found out that each suite on 12 has a separate heating system and it had to be adjusted. It was at the coldest setting from then on and we had to keep the curtains closed to prevent the room from overheating.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just got of the Dawn in cabin 12010. They windows are double glass, and the seal has failed on three of the windows, they are hard to see out of and do not provide much insulation from the heat of the sun. It made the room hotter, we had to keep the AC on high during the day to be comfortable. It looks like this has been an issue for at least 4 years and through the extensive dry dock. It was one of the last suites and we took it at the last minute knowing their was a problem, so it was not a deal breaker but also not pleasant. Also there was no cold water in the bathroom only warm or hot. These cabins were added after the ship was built and they are an odd set up all around. The closets are in four sections, way too many doors to deal with, and some sections are small and they are not deep and clothes must hang at an angle. The 6 lifejackets for this cabin take up most of one of the four sections also.