How do I get carnival to waive the cheers package policy?

Scrapninja

Not really true.\

People have gotten an exemption for just stated that one person did not drink for various reasons..

However, the person not getting the Delxe package, still has to purchase the refreshment package (non-alcoholic drinks).

Not on Carnival. Not for any reason.

We met a man on a cruise who was upset to find out that he was close to the 15-alcoholic-drink limit before dinner. He was under the assumption that the limit started at 6 a.m. but it had started at midnight. He had a couple of nightcaps after midnight that he was not including in that day's allotment.

To get to 15 drinks, I can envision two mimosas or a bloody mary or two at breakfast, two glasses of wine with lunch, three beers by the pool in the afternoon, a predinner cocktail or two, another two or three glasses of wine at dinner, and then three or four drinks after dinner. In other words, an alcoholic.

yup and this is exactly how my friend is.

Given the number of posts on these threads about how to smuggle liquor on board, I find it hard to believe any cruise line could be “shocked - appalled even” to learn that any passenger might cheat in order to save a bit on drinking. Did they really give the waiver option a try?

I don't think the waiver exists anymore, but you are correct, some people will try and get away with anything and everything if given the chance.

To get to 15 drinks, I can envision two mimosas or a bloody mary or two at breakfast, two glasses of wine with lunch, three beers by the pool in the afternoon, a predinner cocktail or two, another two or three glasses of wine at dinner, and then three or four drinks after dinner. In other words, an alcoholic.

Plus two totally screwed up kidneys and damaged relationships. No one likes to employ or hang out with a drunk.

Beverage packages are priced based on a "mean" average. Companies know that some people have 8 drinks and many will only drink two or three. And remember, you'll only have a few drinks on a port day. It averages out.

We never buy the $ 55 a day package, but are willing to pay a little more on a cruise that includes it as a perk.

Beverage packages are priced based on a "mean" average. Companies know that some people have 8 drinks and many will only drink two or three. And remember, you'll only have a few drinks on a port day. It averages out.

We never buy the $ 55 a day package, but are willing to pay a little more on a cruise that includes it as a perk.

Agreed. The packages (on another line) usually include more than just alcoholic drinks as well. Sparkling water (and still), Premium coffee and juices are often included, so that would make a difference for me.

Agreed. The packages (on another line) usually include more than just alcoholic drinks as well. Sparkling water (and still), Premium coffee and juices are often included, so that would make a difference for me.

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
  • Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes