Need Help With Serenade cabin 8508

Below is a picture of cabin 8508 on the Serenade. As you can see on the deck plan on right, cabin 8508 appears to have half of a balcony.

I've been searching for hours and all I found out is people say it has a huge balcony as it is a secret cabin. I do not understand how this can be. One picture actually had 2 loungers and a large table., someone said they had 30 people for sail a way?? We have been assigned this cabin and am hoping anyone who had or knows about this cabin can help. Maybe same cabin on any Radiance class?

Hope picture goes through, I am not a teckie when it comes to pictures. Sorry, deck plan did not go through.....

Thanks everyone.

256D20160308100053.gif

Serenade of the Seas Cabin # 8508

Category E2 - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

e2med.jpgStateroom #: 8508 Category: Category E2 - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Description: Deluxe Balcony staterooms have floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that lead to your private veranda, two twin beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, considerable closet space, a private bathroom with shower, as well as a living area with desk, drawer space, vanity, and sofa. Each stateroom also has its own flat-screen television, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, internet access, direct-dial telephone, radio, mini bar, individual safe, and 24 hour room service. Deck: Deck 8 Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin Accessible? No Connecting? No Window Type: Balcony Stateroom Size: 162 sq ft sq ft*

Balcony 51 sq ft sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Below is a picture of cabin 8508 on the Serenade. As you can see on the deck plan on right, cabin 8508 appears to have half of a balcony.

I've been searching for hours and all I found out is people say it has a huge balcony as it is a secret cabin. I do not understand how this can be. One picture actually had 2 loungers and a large table., someone said they had 30 people for sail a way?? We have been assigned this cabin and am hoping anyone who had or knows about this cabin can help. Maybe same cabin on any Radiance class?

Hope picture goes through, I am not a teckie when it comes to pictures. Sorry, deck plan did not go through.....

Thanks everyone.

256D20160308100053.gif

Serenade of the Seas Cabin # 8508

Category E2 - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

e2med.jpgStateroom #: 8508 Category: Category E2 - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Description: Deluxe Balcony staterooms have floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that lead to your private veranda, two twin beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, considerable closet space, a private bathroom with shower, as well as a living area with desk, drawer space, vanity, and sofa. Each stateroom also has its own flat-screen television, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, internet access, direct-dial telephone, radio, mini bar, individual safe, and 24 hour room service. Deck: Deck 8 Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin Accessible? No Connecting? No Window Type: Balcony Stateroom Size: 162 sq ft sq ft*

Balcony 51 sq ft sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

According to a post with picture from 2010 the balcony pic shows an obstruction view with a smaller balcony. Posted by (robtulipe on Nov 9, 2010) on cruise critic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to a post with picture from 2010 the balcony pic shows an obstruction view with a smaller balcony. Posted by (robtulipe on Nov 9, 2010) on cruise critic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post has photos of 8008, which is a mirror image of 8508: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1306784&highlight=pictures+of+deck+7+balcony+on+radiance&page=2. The balcony isn't smaller, but its view is blocked by the ship's superstructure.

Thank you all for your help. With a good night's sleep and more hours of research examining all your links, DH and I have decided to stay put and take this cabin.

We like the privacy of the balcony when compared to others, plus being forward, the motion of the ship is a plus for us. Now I have to find out the location of the nearest bar! :D

Thanks again everyone! :)

Thanks Rob. My main concern was that on the deck plan it shows only half a balcony, did not make sense. Now I know the curvature of the inverted balcony wall played into it.

Looking at many other balconies in the same scale, many are extended and no privacy at all, even in your cabin, very easy to look into your neighbors cabin from the balcony.

I believe we made our decision from one of your pics from cabin 8008 across the way, a mirror reverse of 8508, and seeing the lack of privacy from the other balconies.

Thanks to you and everyone again...............aw, a warm Thanksgiving in the Southern Caribbean, life is good.:):)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...